liflod

Using duplicate command copies some parts vertical and some horizontal

Strange problem with SCALP. New to using it.

I went to print 5 decals in landscape mode (across the whole 24" wide roll). It showed the decals correctly, but when I cut them, they cut in portrait mode unrolling the vinyl.

I closed the program and re imported the image, then duplicated across, and it did the same thing.

Last night, I tried it again but cutting by individual colors. Some of the image copied across the vinyl and some copied down the vinyl. The images on the horizontal cut over each other and the images on the vertical (the ones that weren't suppose to print that way? printed correctly.

I removed all the duplicates and printed one decal and it printed correctly. I think the software has some bugs.

I have the latest version of SCALP and it is a registered version.

I'm going to stop using the duplicate function for now and just make the 5 decals in Corel Draw and export them to SCALP.

On SCALP 3 or 4 duplicate has always worked flawless. Couple things come to mind,

Use the preview tab to check for "hidden" copies from your import.

Check/change, Cutter - Mat orientation - Horizontal or Vertical then hit the cutter tab to open the "cut settings" window and notice the chances in the preview box.

Also Edit - Preferences - Restore Default has helped me in the past if I changed something unknowingly.

Did all of that the first time. The preview shows the correct orientation, the printer prints the opposite. Changed the orientation and it printed the same wrong way.

That job is done. I'll see how it goes on the next one.