Sign in to follow this  
FLATTOP

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG

Hey guys i cant get my cutter to cut i have the laserpiont and signblazer elements im really new at this and my computer skills arent the greatest thanks for any help.

could be any number of things. What happens when you try to cut? How are you connected? USB? What are your settings in SignBlazer?

Serial connection it does nothing when i try to cut. what is the baud rate i can't find it on my l c d screen.thanks for replying

I don't have that model but here is what I would do. If you can't find the baud rate, go into the settings and try 9600...if that doesn't work,try 4800. If your port is set correctly, one of them should work. Just keep trying a combination of different baud rates and ports til something works. Also, your flow control should be set to Hardware. At least mine is.

welcomesign.gif to the forum!

If I'm not mistaken, there is no baud rate mode on the LP because it's fixed at 4800 (don't quote me on that).

As John said, there are so many places for the information not to flow properly. It took a couple of uninstall/reinstalls before everything checked out. I also needed to get the latest updates from the SignBlazer forum.

When you get to the cut screen, make sure that you have the right cutter selected: I selected the Creation Pcut (since LP wasn't an option), and after realizing that the port kept on changing on me (in SBE) I finally have everything all setup and haven't had a problem since.

Post whatever info you can, the more info, the faster we can help you troubleshoot the problem.

Serial connection it does nothing when i try to cut. what is the baud rate i can't find it on my l c d screen.thanks for replying

The Buad rate on the Laserpoint series is always 9600 and cannot be changed, so you will never see it as an option through your mode selections. Make sure you have the LP selected as the cutter, and COM1 as the OutPut device. You could also give me a ring if you are still having problems.  425-481-3555 Ext 113

The Buad rate on the Laserpoint series is always 9600 and cannot be changed...

Get me some learnin' everyday!  ;)