Sign in to follow this  
coreycss21

Random lines Cut when Cutting

Hi guys,

I was cutting a sheet of vinyl 55x24in with a good bit of cuts and i notice when it was about half way threw cutting it cut a line threw the center and and in a few other spots. I'm using sure cuts a lot and my cutter is on a wood stand grounded. Does anyone have a good idea of what this could be ?

Thanks !

Mine did that and I had to reset the memory before every cut. Everyone will say get away from the USB connection, so I'm sure that will be the problem.

if scalp isn't activated it will do that - also static can do that when it builds up in the insulated roll and discharges thru the cutter head (higher end machines have the roll sit on uncoated metal rollers, that sit on all metal bearings that connect to the stand - that is connected to the grounded cutter thru bare metal,

other causes as stated above  - if a mh series it is very limited in memory and when the memory fills it does that, many people have had good luck using the serial connection instead of the flaky usb on the value cutters too.  but that is all speculation as we have no idea what cutter you have.

being that you are from the northern regions - with the heating this time of year and lower humidity in the houses static wreaks all kinds of havoc this time of year both thru the vinyl and with the poor usb chipsets

• Like 2

I also ran into another issue. I was cutting and the lettering was suppose to all be even but the last two lettered were moved down and it didn't show that in the preview. I have a sc cutter.

I have a TC cutter.  It was not doing random cuts, but it was adding cuts from jobs MONTHS ago.  I don't have scalp but signcut pro.  After talking to their support and getting a new version that listed my TC properly, it went away.

Some one else posted earlier that inserting dryer sheets into the roll solves static.

Also, do not be having the vinyl cutter be pulling from the roll while cutting.  Always prefeed enough vinyl for your order and have it. slack behind your vinyl cutter

Make sure your vinyl is not slipping in the pinch rollers, this will cause uneven lettering, or you may also need to slow your cutter down,,if vinyl is slipping...

I think I have read other posts that 400 speed is high... Clear memory by turning off cutter,  hitting reset,   I don't know what a sh? cutter is....

I think I have read other posts that 400 speed is high... Clear memory by turning off cutter,  hitting reset,   I don't know what a sh? cutter is....

Ok thanks ! Sorry it's the SC cutter lol and could it be that i have to up date sure cuts a lot ?

.. A lot of people put their cutter on a Tripplite Keyspan Adapter or a Belkin   instead of USB....Serial cable, serial card, which is all a better connection. Not any serial to USB will work...

On the sc do i just hit the keypad reset button and when it is on or off ?

You should read your user manual...Or just turn the cutter off and back on.,, pretty easy.....I don't own  your cutter.