hotrodrichie

help

every time i try to save my work in a eps format it gives me a pop up that says it will loss data wont let me save and exit what gives i have tryed every thing bout ready to scrap this program and bye one that WORKS i have worked with sign max and for what i do is very well for me i like the things it says i can do but it wont do them i have wasted two weeks of my time and cant any daylight yet

I really believe that if you are going to use software for a business,you should buy a program made for the business you do.It's nice that they bundled inkscape for free with the cutter.But it has a lot of drawbacks compared to a design program.They only bundle the software to help people get started cutting.But I don't think I would watse 2 weeks of my time on any program that I was trying to make money with.

well thats tru but i kinda cleaned my bank to get started with this michine so i have a wate time before i can bye more so go figure I wish it came with  winpc letters

If wishes were horses,I'd have a whole herd. I understand about cleaning out the bank account to buy things to make money.I sold  a van to buy my digitizing software and I sold a small embroidery machine to buy R2 (my mh721).Try saving it as a template in eps format.At least that's what I do.Are you going to object and doing live trace before you try to save?I know if you don't trace,it will draw a blank everytime.

its all just semple lettering not to much when i did same thing at race shop with winpc letters it was very easey but her i get maybe one letter out of 20 and or it gets all weard with letters where they are not to be i under stand the reason you dont do the program the same as winpc make sence but i now am going to wate for two more weeks and get corel draw and hope it does the job just keep trying and all so two weeks for me is realy about 4 days i do this on my brakes and i drive for a living

I don't think the problem is with Inkscape,but more the software you are trying to import the files into. I use Inkscape every day with Flexi,and have never had a problem. If you can't import an .eps from Inskscape,you won't be able to do it from Corel draw either.

And just a tip here..if you are going to be making signs,or anything with words,you need to seriously get a program with SPELL CHECK or you are going to have some very unhappy customers. By my count,16 mis-spelled words in your 3 posts and I probably missed a few.

Hey try this ...open Internt explorer>Tools>Internet Options>Delete all Files> and Click delete all offline files >......OK

That should free up your memory and allow you to save and open any file that you want......

BEARDOWN

I have found that if i use word pad i can get it into signcut now but cant get the size fonts down  I have no problom with using spell checker and i know its a problom  and I have mem so not a problom signcut is where i am trying to go with the file and when i try to save it out of inkcape it gives me a pop up that says if i save as a eps file data will be lost  gives me op. to exit without saving or cancle or save  i cant save the pop up or i would show you what it is

Billy,

I was wondering if I could get more info or a clarification? you stated earlier in this discussion how to get projects from inkscape to signcut.

Are you going to object and doing live trace before you try to save?I know if you don't trace,it will draw a blank everytime.
When I click on "object" I don't find a "live trace" or trace button. Now "Path" has a "trace bitmap" is that what I am looking for? If so when I click on it I get a box with all sorts of different trace options. I have read the help tutorial for tracing and it explains a bit, but when I click on different options absolutely nothing happens to my simple design. I have tried it with the whole design highlighted and then design not highlighted. What in the world am I missing!!  ;D My eye might start to bug out because I'm sure it is simple and I'm being clueless so I plead for help. :dontknow: And I'm hoping that after I figure this out that I can actually get the project to Signcut. 

The next step is to get my computer and the cutter to speak to each other, but I guess that is the next hurdle to jump, soon.

Looking forward to everybody's wisdom

Pianomom

after you do the 'trace bitmap and the box comes up.click on update. It shows you what you have.Adjust the settings up or down until you get a clear image,clicking 'update' after each adjustment. Once you get a nice clear trace..click OK. Then,go back to the main window and click 'save as' under file.Chose .eps(encapsulated post script) and click save. A  small box will come up I can't remember exactly what it says but you click OK again. if you don't do this,you will have nothing.

Wherever you chose to save it to,you should have a nice cuttable .eps image. Import into signcut and there you go.

I yoose two hab a problem with speling alsew.But I took the ebeylin woodhead sped speling coarse and now I spel az well az I tawk.

I'm going to try that. I'll let you know how that goes. Now out of curiosity if I am trying to do text with it does it change what you are telling me to do? Or should that not matter?

Pianomom

Update:

I did try a simple graphic with the trace and it worked. I don't understand all of the different trace options yetbut it did work. I was delighted. I'll explore the differences later. I didn't ever see a button to "update" but I have a preview button. The same?

But on a much simpler note, I am sure, yet I still can not figure it out. I am trying to do some basic text with some simple stars in Inkscape. Then I am wanting, of course, to get it to Signcut, so that I can cut it out. What secret do I need to know to design this in Inkscape and then get it to Signcut. Tracing it does nothing. What am I missing??

well Billy if you trete all you coustermer's like this  I am more sorry I bough  you cutter you must not need new accounts  GOOD SUPPORT AFTER THE SALES

Yes,I joke with most of my customers.But I don't sell these cutters.I don't work for uscutter or selltopia.And they do have good support after the sale.But if you can't take a joke,this forum is going to be tough to deal with as we all tend to do it.

Guest fivestar

Billy is probably without a doubt the best contributors on this forum.  He has helped many people out with thier problems.  We mostly all joke around on this forum, that's one reason most everyone gets along great on here.

I think joking around takes the stress out of the problems people are having.There are more post in the forum of people frusterated than people showing their work.It's a natural thing.If you are not havnig problems you're running the cutter and you don't always have time to post the work you do.If you can't pull off one cut,you have nothing to do but figure out why you can't cut,so you go to the forum.And sometimes a little joke will really get this forum going!Just read the posts about the nassa engineers.Or the one where beardown wrote that I said "dong fills inside" when I miss typed "doing fills inside".Sometimes you have to lighten up and step away from the cutter.

OK well never see him do it so i took it a lil hard i am not well off money wise and am trying hard to get this thing working for me but i think i am going back to signmax winpcsign it is a lot less hassel I do like inkcape just cant get it to work for me I am a lil stressed out as i drive 650 mi a day 5 days a week and work on this at and on my 10 hr brakes   i have got it to move the file now but like last one  sample   MTS NEW'S when i sent it to signcut i got   W  and yes i know the problom is simple just dont know what i am missing

Billy I have worked this cutter and did Great with Bogas softwear so i know the cutter is working just fine and the race Team i cut for with there cutter works half as good as the uscutter does but i can not get Inkcape and signcut to work that is what i am trying to do with out bying anymore softwear right now maybe later i will

I created the text,then I went to edit - select all,then I went to object - group.Then saved it as an eps,with convert text to path checked and the bounding box checked.When I opened it up in sign cut,but the image is mirrored.So I just went back to inscape and flip the object verticaly and it came up in signcut the right way.You might try it that way and see if it works.And Pianomom,if you read this you might try it as well.I prefer long hair on women.

Hay Billy itryed it 4 fimes and still all i get is one letter this time its a M ill be back in a bit i wana  give you a web add to go look at some of my work with the race shop's cutter

Hay Billy if you have time go to  WWW.DRAGRACECENTRAL.COM click on photos in search box type samsel click on #1 richmond and # 2 chi look at letters on wing i built the wing and the lettering on the car both same car all so for a real treat look at guy in red and black shirt that was done with winpc letters

Hey Billy,

I agree, I look better with long hair!! ;D I couldn't pull off the Britney look. I'll try your suggestion also and see what I get. I'll let you know how it works :glasses2:

Boy he's really throwing some torque on the front frame on the first pic.Looks good.Why aren't you using winpc letters now?I do try to work with inkscape and signcut.But if I have something I have to get done in a hurry I use flexi.I know it works,and sometimes I don't have the time to figure out why I can't get from one program to the other.

I'm going to try that. I'll let you know how that goes. Now out of curiosity if I am trying to do text with it does it change what you are telling me to do? Or should that not matter?

Pianomom

Update:

I did try a simple graphic with the trace and it worked. I don't understand all of the different trace options yetbut it did work. I was delighted. I'll explore the differences later. I didn't ever see a button to "update" but I have a preview button. The same?

But on a much simpler note, I am sure, yet I still can not figure it out. I am trying to do some basic text with some simple stars in Inkscape. Then I am wanting, of course, to get it to Signcut, so that I can cut it out. What secret do I need to know to design this in Inkscape and then get it to Signcut. Tracing it does nothing. What am I missing??

Check your PM's.

For all the rest of you,if you are still seeing 'preview' instead of 'update' you need to upgrade to the just released newest version.

As for the trace options,just play around with it until you understand it.

A TIP HERE: you will get a better trace most of the time if you convert your graphics to black and white first. Inkscape(as well as the expensive corel and illustrator),don't see to see yellows.

Billy like i said it was bogas and only way it will work now is with a reg code witch i do not have it shout down on me I am planning on byeing it soon just dont have money yet  as for HP car makes about 3000 to 3500 hp's @ 4000 rpm's did you like the name on the wing I have same color skim on trailer but back to problom i just tryed again and all i am getting is one letter out of 8 i do know i am running signcut x2PE i checked to make sure it was not in tryel mode says exp-17-4-07