Sign in to follow this  
djque

stahls new pricing

Looks like they went up $100 on there heat presses also and not just the platens

That sucks. Hopefully the parts prices did not increase all that much.  I just broke our fusion at work the other day and have been trouble shooting it with the Hotronix tech support guys the past 2 days.

I ended up bending the top part of the spindle.   We do a lot of transfers at my day job for another part of the company. We have had the Fusion since 2010 but it has only been used for transfers up until this point.  We just started doing dye sub work and I picked up a Unisub production jig because we are doing lots of personalized 1.5x3 FRP nametags. I guess I did not have the pressure set correctly and according to Hotronix the thickest piece the fusion can press is ¾ of an inch which is the thickness of the hardboard for the jig without any nametags on it.   Well let’s just say I used a good bit of force to get it closed.

I am not sure you can see it in the picture but the top threaded part of the spindle is slightly bent

It ending costing about $375 for a new base shipped. I should have it by Monday.

I will say this I have a Knight DC16 at home and that press can go a lot thicker then the fusion.

post-86774-0-12212100-1420661357_thumb.j

When you get mad do you turn green? That must of took some serious effort to do.

• Like 3

$100 increases across the board. Interesting. For someone who was seriously considering buying one of their presses this makes me think twice. On some of the MAXX models this equates to a 10-15% increase. I don't see any new models, any improvements to the existing models, etc.  They must be awfully confident in their product to raise prices when their prices are already one of the highest in the industry.

Someone once told me if you're too busy you're not charging enough. Maybe they're that busy.

• Like 2

yeah I was like wow. If someone was saving up to get it at $1850 and had $1850 now they need $100 more they would be mad.

It's the time of year many of us, myself included, adjust our prices but nobody is ever happy when we do it. If they raised it $50 and $50 6 months from now everybody would be screaming about price gouging but either way I have to say that's a lot of money to spend on a heat press.

Trust me, everyone has to raise prices. They are free to run their business as they please. What doesn't make sense, imo, is that they raised every press the same dollar amount, not a percentage. Raising a heat press from $1850 to $1950 is one thing, but then you have presses that were $800 are now $900.

• Like 1

Trust me, everyone has to raise prices. They are free to run their business as they please. What doesn't make sense, imo, is that they raised every press the same dollar amount, not a percentage. Raising a heat press from $1850 to $1950 is one thing, but then you have presses that were $800 are now $900.

I didn't look to see that but you are correct that just seems odd.

Yeah even the print more package went up more.