Sign in to follow this  
Kcross47601

How to transfer from SB to SCALP4

Hey guys, been a few years since I have had to post on here. Decided to upgrade my equipment a month ago from a 24" cutter to a Laser Point 2 50" and try out the new cutting software SCALP4. I did a few test cuts on SB with the cutter with a 20" square logo and it cut fine but now have a job that requires a logo be 44"sq and when I tried to cut in SB, it cut fine for the first part of the program then the cutter went crazy. The carriage went to home position with the blade down and started feeding material in and out at full speed shredding the vinyl all the way through the backing. I think it's in the SB program and was wanting to try to export it to SCALP4 and try again. I was able to save as eps but it will not open in SCALP. Anyone else heard of any of these issues with either transferring programs or a cutter acting like this?

It should as I do that all of the time, if nothing else post it here and I (or many others) can open it and convert it to svg.

Donn

Ok Don, I'll try to mess with it later this afternoon.  I also tried to slow down the cutter and that stopped the erratic cutter issue but then SB acts like it stops responding at the same point in 2 attempts.  Cut about 75% of the project then stops mid cycle. Hope that converting to the other program will correct it. Like I said earlier, with a smaller image, it cuts just fine.  Unless the memory is too small on the cutter.

I have cut some very large files on my cutter and have never had any problem, worst thing that happens is that the cutter will stop for a second and then continue on without causing any problems and you can never tell where it stopped at.

Donn

Thanks for the help Donn, I was able to play with SCALP Sunday and get what I needed finished.  After I get the store front done then I'll post pics.  It's 2 degrees here today so I can't install till it warms up. Ordered some Rapid Tack 2 which is good for 20 degrees so maybe I can wrap up this project by the weekend.

You must be from out of town as its supposed to be 73 here today. Glad you got things going, I use scalp quite a bit, but use signblazer occasionally for things that I cant do in scalp, I just don't cut from it.

Donn