Sign in to follow this  
maxcat128

Larger Cutting Mats for a Cutter

I just picked up these larger sized  "sticky - reusable"  thinner cutting mats and they go thru my Roland GX-24 with no problem. I plan to use them for non-adhesive backed materials such as lighting gels and thin,stabilized cloth patches.

More later if it works, (or not).

post-48514-0-47869200-1419110908_thumb.j

It is an accessory for the Brother Cutting Machine (on line search will have a "where to buy section" for your location)  the 12"X12" is $19.95 and the 12"X24" is $24.95 . The Printed Rulers on the mat can be cut off (unless U are using Brother Machine)  The Rep. Says that the mats can be repaired or spliced together with good quality thin packaging tape. 

I got mine over the counter at a local NW  store called " Quality Sewing and Vac. Shop"

Just ordered a cricut one! Hopefully it works well with perf cutting

He'll probably work fine,,  Heck use his arms and legs for perf cutting.....

post-3058-0-46698900-1419143139_thumb.gi

• Like 2

I have a Cricut cutting mat from walmart. It works ok but is stiffer than I would like and a little TOO sticky. If you are trying to cut out paper stencils it's a job trying to get the cut design back up off the mat without ripping it. 

I have a Cricut cutting mat from walmart. It works ok but is stiffer than I would like and a little TOO sticky. If you are trying to cut out paper stencils it's a job trying to get the cut design back up off the mat without ripping it. 

You could always make it less sticky by dabbing an old tshirt on it to put some fibers down.  

• Like 1

I found that a very light spray of application fluid helped remove the pieces of paper that got stuck to the "sticky"  without destroying the "stick"  ( USE WITH CAUTION,  as I only did this once!)