JoeCamaro

I need help naming my business too!

Hi friends

I have been thinking about this for quite a long time but I cant come up with any good idea. I wish I could think of a business name as fast as I think of a new design, but sadly that aint the case.

I dont want a fancy nor specific name. I mean, I want to have a kinda general business name that allows me to do different things. I dont want to have vinyl, signs or shirts in the name. I want to leave that to brands. I want a mother company that will hold a t-shirt brand and/or a decal brand etc. Do you get me? I dont want to offer services to people. I want to design my own stuff and then sell it to store owners by dozens and/or to people one by one. I dont want to be seen as a printer or sign business.

I also want to be able to buy and sell equipment and materials related to the t shirt - decal markets.

So basically I will be designing and selling my stuff, I will sell t shirts and apparel, decals and equipment (lets say heat presses and such.). I will be selling graphics, products with graphics on them and product to make your own graphics.

Any suggestion will be appreciated. It can be in English, I think I prefer to got in English as if my biz grows I will have no problem outside PR, or I could translate what you suggest and register in Spanish.

I will be registering a DBA for now and it may be as soon as next week.

Thank you.

Joe

A couple that I had considered

Fast graphics

Hot graphics

Xtreme graphics

Settled on Print Star Graphics thanks to the folks here :P

hi joe,

can u give us something to go on. may be some of ur ideas can be combine with someone elses will help u with ur business name. :P

"Singing Joe the Graphic Guy"

People like stuff that makes them smile.

In our town,several years ago,the most successful furniture store in town was called "Mad Jack's Furniture". When business got slow,he would jump from the top of the building onto a pile of his mattresses. Everybody loved him,and he made LOTS of money. Sometimes,silly sells.

How about "Caribbean Joe's" or "Puerto Rican Joe's". Those would be easy to remember.

Thank you all

I was thinking something like Decorative Graphics or something like that. Mmmmm I dunno.

How about "Caribbean Joe's" or "Puerto Rican Joe's". Those would be easy to remember.

Well Jay, being from PR or te Caribbean is a distintive characteristic for you because you are in the states and it makes sense, but to people here, well we are all from the Caribbean and Puerto Rico, you know. That could be a nickname for a forum.

"Singing Joe the Graphic Guy"

People like stuff that makes them smile.

In our town,several years ago,the most successful furniture store in town was called "Mad Jack's Furniture". When business got slow,he would jump from the top of the building onto a pile of his mattresses. Everybody loved him,and he made LOTS of money. Sometimes,silly sells.

I would love to see that John! Haha

Thank you!

Caribbean Joe  :P

Guest fivestar

Puerto Rico Cutter, cousin of U.S. Cutter.  :P

What about Camaro Customs Graphics? Or something along that line. It took me about 2-3 years to figure out a name for my business, and that was before I even thought about doing vinyl graphics and such. Now I am thinking about changing it to Dellrose Customs, that way I have endless possibilities, as for way I could add to it in the future.

I dont know if registering Camaro s a good idea, I dont think the guys @ GM will like that.

Well, you might just have a point there. I used my home town for the name of mine, so it wasnt to hard once I put my mind to it. I just took me so long to actually think of it. Guess thats what I get for having a short attention span. Now what were we talking about??? :P

General tips, learned from more'n 20 years in the promotions bidness.

Whatever the name you choose, the layout/logo/wot'e'r needs to be something that is easily converted to bidness cards, letterhead, and colors need to be something that are easily defined and printable in all medias. This will save you headaches and $'s down the road.

A beautiful logo in a zillion colors, completely designed in a bitmap proggie to fit a bidness card causes screen printers and others considerable grief in trying to duplicate it for other media.

Most art that you get from the web is very tiny in print and sizes up horribly. Create it large and in high resolution (preferably vector). Stuff shrinks much better than it expands (except vector art).

In today's marketplace keep in mind when choosing a name that you will prolly build a web presence and how you would fit your name into the dot.what'e'r. A load of folks these dayz think up several names and search for availability of that name to register, and go from there.

My mind just drifted into other places, so it's nap time.

I'll be pretty offended if you don't go with JC Designs... it took me hours to think of that!!!  :P

J/K  :P

Seriously though.... as rebjr said, think of a bunch of names, and the which ones haven't already been used as a domain name. You don't want to pick a business name(www) that has already been taken.

I want something descriptive but at the same time I want it to let me be able to sell different stuff, related one to the other but not restrictive to one thing in particular.

I remember once I saw a van with a sign that read "Luis Services"

That is the worst name ever!!! What in the world is Luis Services? What Services does Luis offer? Why would I call his number when I dont even know what for?

Poor Luis must be broke.

rebjr

I understand you perfectly. Im a graphic artist and I suggest the same thing to all my customers. I always try to make them 1 or 2 color logos. Those look nice, simple, are easy to remember and are cheaper to reproduce.

Joe

Joe sez ..

>I always try to make them 1 or 2 color logos. Those look nice, simple, are easy to remember and are cheaper to reproduce.<

You sound like one of those rare graphic folks who understands the overall effect of signature/logo layout. I salute ya!

The fellar with Luis Services may be getting more bidness out from the curiosity crowd than ya realize, Joe. Distinctive names that point directly to what one does sometimes rule out other potentials. It's a tough call ...

Another consideration is to try and create something that you could also tie into an acronym, that helps in picking out the website.

It's always easiest if you specialize in a product. In your case, Joe, you have a lot of talent and need to market to a broad client base to take advantage of wot you have to offer. I like the earlier suggestion of JC Designs, and from there you could play a number of directions.

Here's one of my lil' ventures. This comes from my military experience. In RVN I was a helicopter gunship peelot, our platoon callsign was Mustang, my individual callsign was 56, and I reside in Tennessee. I wanted to spotlight and help promote my creative side, hence the design and graphics in the logo versus just spotlighting domain and hosting services.

www.fivesixdesign.com

Everything here was available, didn't have to draw anything. Can't draw .. rather I am what I refer to as a compositor. If my hands could do what my mind visions ...

I like JC Designs however.... Knowin' Joe for a little while now he needs something a little more, a little more spice but not too hot.

Just checked... jcdesigns.com is already taken. But the good news is... it only cost me $10.00 for the year!  ;) j/k