ShowMeCleaning

Epson W/F 30 pigment ink

When printing on cotton. What format to tell the printer what type of paper I'm printing on? Pretty knew with the printer. So any help would be helpful. Thank You and look forward to which one to pick for transfer paper.

You're probably going to have to experiment with different settings on the printer, Paul... til you see which setting is giving the results you want.

• Like 1

Thats about right. Like changing out cartages they need to be replaced a way to recharge the ink DUH Me spent half a day figuring that out. But Be live your right.

I know you'll will get it. Many folks have had luck with a pretty saturated setting. After pressing one, you'll know more.

• Like 1

If you are using Cobraink tanks or cartridges they told me on my WF30 that there wasn't much needed. I do remember that it really didn't need to be over saturated like you might for a picture. Just don't forget to mirror got JPSS and regular for darks. 

• Like 1

I don't totally agree. My WF30 had tanks and my new WF7610 I am trying out the carts. The tanks hold a lot more but it never gets agitated and I had a lot of plugged heads. So many that I finally reached the max on the printer. I think you can reset the printer and keep going with a special program but I wanted large format printing anyway so I just moved on but I am trying the carts this time to see if the moving action in the print head helps keep the pigment stirred up. 

I tripped the cleaning thing on a couple wf1100's and had to run the program to reset it. my current 7510 is on tanks with no issues but the 7520 I have coming from a forum member will be running carts for sublimation so I'll have a real world side by side comparison.

• Like 1

So wild after so many plugs the print is shot? I may be just blowing money and getting my feet wet. I'm also get a sublimation printer. Didn't want hear that. But thanks for the information.

Epson has a reset program to fix it. It's they're way of saying it's time to order a new printer whether you need it or nit

It's the cleaning cycles. Epson has a counter built in that decides when the pad that the cleaning cycle goes to is full. You can override and probably still be ok once but you stand a chance of overflowing out of the bottom of your printer at some point. I got several years of fairly heavy use out of my WF30. If it was a wide format I would have went ahead and kept messing with it. I just had the blue printhead plug and couldn't get it to loosen up even with soaking. Some folks install a waste tank so they don't have to worry about the pad in the bottom. Probably a good idea. 

Thanks but can't you get to the overflow on the w/f 30. maybe I need to also ask about over flo tank.

You can do a mod but I don't think they sell it as cobraink. I watched a video on pulling the tube out the back and installing a waste tank. Didn't look too tough on the 30 I just didn't do it. 

Richard at Cobra Ink said they didn't have them but someone on ebay may have them. Gosh I try to stay off ebay has much has possible. LOL.