Cal

Easiest color to weed?

99% of my work is cutting stencils for sandblasting.  As such, I have the luxury of picking any color to work with.  When I started I received a box of scraps from another member and was able to work with several different colors.  I found our real quick that I don't like to work with (weed) white or black.  I recently got a piece of silver out and that was some nice stuff to work with!  My next order I think will be silver - unless there is another color that is easier.  Please don't suggest red, that was my last purchase and I don't really like that either.

How about it?  What is the best color you have worked with?

Thanks,

Cal

Silver is good. I use it a lot when I need a vinyl stencil for screen printing. It holds small detail extremely well

• Like 1

I don't mean to hijack this but for real?  I thought I was imagining it when I found certain colors didn't cut the same as others....I took it as it was older stock or the humidity in the house or something.

Good news is I'm not going crazy...LOL

• Like 2

Thanks for the responses so far.  And like lablover, I thought I must have gotten ahold of some black that had gotten wet.  It was so miserable to work with I threw out a pretty good size chunk of it.  I'll give this another day or so before I order my next (at this point silver) roll.

Cal