Sign in to follow this  
MK Creations

Siser Glitter HTV

I can't seem to get the blade right for cutting Glitter HTV. I have a Graphtec ce-6000 and I use Graphtec studio. I have tons of experience cutting it with the Cameo, but not with the Graphtec. Anyone know what the setting are? I am having a horrible time seeing where it cut at all. Very hard to weed! 

All depends on your blade settings and force I use a 60* blade, force about 14-16, and speed about 10-15, depending on what I'm cutting, as far as text versus detail designs. Are you using the 09 blade?(blue tip blade holder).

glitter is just miserable to weed period  . . . hard to see lines - so I usually just start weeding the outside and work my way in slowly

• Like 1

I cut regular HTV on 10 depth.

I cut glitter HTV on 20, and it didn't cut though it. I tried 28 and it cuts it, but I can not see any weed lines at all. I end up losing half the word trying to weed it. So, I tried 30, it cut up the black strip a little bitty bit on my cutter, but it didn't cut through the backing, which I didn't want it to do either. I can't find it's happy medium. But, if I adjust the actual blade in the holder, I am afraid it will cut everything else too deep.

It is horrible no matter what, but I couldn't even bend it and see the lines but when I went ahead a pulled it away, it was cleanly cut though. I have 20/20 vision too. LOL    I think I may be used to that Cameo I had. It made a rough line and I could see it real good. I will play around with some now and see what I can come up with.

that is one benefit of having an old cutter that doesn't cut so cleanly - easier to see those line LOL

• Like 1

I have 3 blade holders and 1 for regular Htv/sign vinyl and 1 for flock ,glitter and halogram and 1 for sticky flock material. The one for flock and glitter I set the blade so it makes a outline of the cut when its finished but it don't cut thru the carrier. that way I know it cut and it weeds easy. I use a 60* cleancut blade on everything I cut. my settings are.

speed 10

pressure 20

blade angle offset 45

offset 0

passes 2

Cuts perfect all the time. I like to see the outlines in all cut projects.