Colemobley

Graphics Organized

I name mine,,, Stripe 12"    Tribal 11,  Mountain scenery,  what ever the design is.  They go along with the titles to my ads.

• Like 2

I name mine like Mz SKEETER does. I have one file in SignBlazer that has all of my designs in it. I can just open that file, drag n' drop a copy of the design into the cutting workspace, and cut away.

• Like 1

I too list mine with just enough info to be able to tell what it is to some degree without having to open it up. I later organize all of each client into their own folders so when it's time to do more work I can just go to the client folder and find the files. 

• Like 1

ditto with the above. if mine is for specific customer or business I name it with the name of the customer.

• Like 1

WOW...organizing files & graphics....a never-ending job!

For just clipart stuff...folders by type:

Animal with sub-folders: Birds, Cats, Dogs, Insects, horses...

Cat-01, Cat-02

and sub-folders can have sub-folders too if there is need.

Customers have a file with their Company Name.  Sub-folders: Art & Graphics, Business Cards,

Forms, Brochures, Postcards....etc.  Complicated Forms or Brochures may have their own

Art & Graphics folder.

This works for the most part....sometimes an additional sub-folder is needed for obsolete or older

customer files.  Just when you think they will never use something again.....there's an order!

Also have a stand alone 1TB Seagate storage hard drive with back ups & my ARCHIVE filled

with stuff from past customers/out of business companies/one time orders.....

and more clipart. & copies of clipart disks.

I hate to delete stuff I worked hard on!

Just last week a customer came in for more business cards.....last order was in 2002!

Still had the files and talked him into a smaller quantity this time!

Sue2

• Like 1

I do like many of you do.  Folders for organizations/groups/customers.  Clip-art by source, (website name or cd/dvd collection name.)  One thing I recommend highly is a good thumbnail viewer.

For me, a visual search is many times faster than any tag or file name search.  I use ST Thumbnails Explorer 1.5.  It is commercial, ($29.95,) but it is the only thumbnail viewer I have found that handles most every vector format I can throw at it.  It gets my CDR, AI, EPS, and SVG files.  It handles most raster formats as well, (fails on hpi though.)

Xnview or XnviewMP with ghostscript comes close and is free if anyone is looking for a free solution.

I also recommend FileHamster.  It is a like a revision history for your art work.  It is nice to have a copy of your art/design made each time you hit the save button.  You never know when you might need to back up a bit to something earlier.  Traditional backup will miss such a change.

• Like 3