HDN

Trim Free

At this point in time I am not to concerned about cost. I am looking for info on the performance of the product.

Thanks

David

Just did a quick check on toner life and pulled the following info for one of their printers. If I am reading that correctly that is one hell of  a life span 

Supplies

Toner Cartridges and Image Drums:  Separate White, Cyan, Magenta and Yellow
Toner Cartridge Life:  11,500 pages Cyan, Magenta and Yellow; 6,000 pages White   (CMY toner life based on ISO 19798; White toner life based on
5% coverage. Printer ships with 4,000-page CMY and
2,300-page White “starter” toner cartridges. )
Image Drum Life: Approximately 20,000 pages Cyan, Yellow and Magenta; 6,000 pages White ( Estimated life, based on 3 pages per job.)

I don't know anything about the Joto papers, but, I read on t-shirt forums someone had tried a bunch of different brands and had been having decent success with Rhinotec SunAngel papers. That might give you more variety in your search...

• Like 1

At this point in time I am not to concerned about cost. I am looking for info on the performance of the product.

You said, and I quote:

Any thoughts or comments on the above product ?

You don't get to come back and then say "Those aren't the kind of comments I'm looking for".

Having said that, in order to use this product you need a color laser printer with white toner, which are not very common, nor inexpensive.   Note that the usage numbers you quote above are based on 5% page coverage.  When you fill half a page with simple, small un-bold text, that's about 5% page coverage.  Most designs, like the one they use as an example use substantially more than 5% coverage, so don't expect to get those kinds of page counts with real world conditions.

So, you're going to need an expensive color laser printer, plus expensive paper ($5 per sheet for tabloid size) AND you can't use a low end heat press, if you read their fine print:

"Joto will only support this product when used with a Manual/Automatic Swing-Away type heat press. Inexpensive clamshell design heat presses are not recommended"

Based on all of that, it does NOT seem like a cost effective way to get into making t-shirts.

• Like 1

I can say that.. And I did. GRIN..

OW with all being said the page counts in your professional opinion would be :huh:

Does the product work ?

Is there a better way to print on black other then Screen Printing ?

Cost is not yet in this equation first I need to find out if it works

Many Thanks