Joe Link

Tips on bulk ordering color die-cut decals?

Now you're on the right track. Most decals you see like that are done with black ink for the distressed part.

Your not going to get 1,000 - 2,500 decals at $600. Maybe you should save a little more, buy your own plotter and cut them as you need them until you can justify having a die made. You could always look into getting them printed, but you still are not going to get anywhere near those numbers of decals with what most charge.

This actually sounds like an option worth exploring.

Where can I learn more about the type of plotter setup I would need? What would a decent setup cost, including materials? At what price point do price and performance meet (best value)?

Your on the right site to learn everything you need to know. Just ask question and it will get answered.

This actually sounds like an option worth exploring.

Where can I learn more about the type of plotter setup I would need? What would a decent setup cost, including materials? At what price point do price and performance meet (best value)?

This forum is a great resource for this.  Lot's of helpful and knowledgeable members on here. Use the search feature and if you can't find what you need, post a new topic and ask away. 

I certainly didn't expect to be where I am now in this thought process, I just wanted some decals for my business!

After doing quite a bit of reading this morning, I'm now thinking that buying a mid-range plotter and creating these decals in-house is going to be the way to go. I never thought about it, but it'd be very handy to have a plotter around. Though I wouldn't push it hard, it might be an extra source of revenue for my business. 

Sounds like it's time to create a new thread ;)

• Like 2

I certainly didn't expect to be where I am now in this thought process, I just wanted some decals for my business!

After doing quite a bit of reading this morning, I'm now thinking that buying a mid-range plotter and creating these decals in-house is going to be the way to go. I never thought about it, but it'd be very handy to have a plotter around. Though I wouldn't push it hard, it might be an extra source of revenue for my business. 

Sounds like it's time to create a new thread ;)

sounds like a plan  - this is a great place to learn to do vector graphics like the plotter will use - with a little learning you can make your own

• Like 1

And so it begins... First vinyl then shirts then sublimation the etching then then then

• Like 1

Heh pretty much. Looks like I'm going to be in the market for a Graphtec CE6000-60. I wonder what my chances are of finding a used one in good condition. Anyone know if the warranty is transferable? 

Newer shinier model. The ce5000 is an awesome cutter and will do pretty much everything you throw at it but the ce6000 has a few more bells and whistles.

Find a good used CE5000-60..or if youre lucky enough a brand new one on clearance.

But remember you not only have to buy the machine but also the supplies..

Vinyl, app tape, cutting blades, etc.

You may pick up a machine for $1500 but you will easily spend another $500 just for startup supplies.

Heres my Ce5000-60 got it 2 years ago and have loved it since!

20140430_191643_zps6926cf87.jpg

Also the ce5000-60 and the ce6000-60 vary only slightly. The newer model has more downforce options and a better lighted lcd display panel.

Thank you for the tips guys, sounds like the 5000 might be plenty for me.

Good reminder about also buying all the supplies I'll need to run it!