Sign in to follow this  
rickjax

Pricing help hugeee order

so, my buddies work wants to get shirts made for an outing.. and they want 100 made. prices for materials would be $550, the logos are pretty simple, and they would be about 3" X 6". how much should i charge for this? i was thinking around $1200??

are you heat pressing?

why not silk screen? waaaaaay cheaper in quantities.

yeah, you should outsource it to a screen printer, you will make more money, the overall job will be cheaper for your customer, and you won't have to do anything, just collect $

for instance, a 1 color single location screenprint quantity 100 would average just around 5.50 per shirt in my area, no way I'd pay $12 a shirt if I was buying 100.  Maybe if it was like 3 color back 1 color front $12 would be reasonable.  But, for that price, all you're going to do is tick off your customer when they do some calling around.

*FYI 100 t-shirts isn't really a huuuge order, when you're talking 500-1000, that's more like it, in t-shirts that is.  The average order for screen printers is 50 or more.  It kind of depends on the market niche they are in, but that's about what I saw in the shops I've worked at.

• Like 2

If you decide to get them printed pm me details. My prices are pretty hard to beat

• Like 1

Many of us can and do screen print. I'd be surprised if at least 1 or 2 more printers don't chime in as well before it's all said and done.

Many of us can and do screen print. I'd be surprised if at least 1 or 2 more printers don't chime in as well before it's all said and done.

Well don't PM me.  

I don't screen print.  hehe

Well don't PM me.  

I don't screen print.  hehe

Give it time. Screen print seems to be the next evolutionary step in this industry which is funny since it's been around way before vinyl was even invented.

You should absolutely screen print any order over 10 or 12 shirts. Find a local wholesale printer, if possible. That or invest in learning how to screen print and buy your own equipment. You can pay off a press, exposure unit and dryer with the first few dozen orders that come through the door. Screen printing is a very competitive business to be in, but it's a low overhead business with huge potential for profit.