Sign in to follow this  
GraphxNMore

Making rainbow

I asked about this in the SCALP forum, figured I was wasting my time. LOL Anyway, this is a more clear explanation of what I want to do. I want to make the red portion of this gradient rainbow. I'm licensed to use it, no worries.post-37957-0-76786200-1401555574_thumb.j

I have adobe, hence the post in the adobe forum............... hehehehe

How would I do it? I'm still learning the program.

Nice. Except I need a gradient type where one color fades into the next, as well as a quick tutorial on how to do it myself. 

Teach a man  to fish.............. LOL

What version are you running? I'll do my best to give you a tutorial but it's my anniversary and I'm headed out for the rest of the day.

That's it 30, except vertical rainbow. LOL I just want to know how to do this and the camo mark did, as well as other ideas, on CS6.

In Illustrator.

You can download gradients from the net and add them to Illustrator.

mark-s 

post-1335-0-79120700-1401583773_thumb.jp

In Illustrator.

You can download gradients from the net and add them to Illustrator.

mark-s 

That's awesome Mark, but how do I do it? And how would I do the camo? (Or any other design?) Is it added to the color palette somehow?

The camo is Clippimg mask action.

The gradients there are alot of them, do some research and it`ll tell you how to do it.

mark-s

• Like 1

I have. I've looked at a couple different ones, but neither worked. LOL It would be easier to research if everyone used the same terminology. lol

I figured it out for the most part. Haven't figured out why I can't trace, expand and use a file in Ai, I can import after tracing with inkscape and mask all day long. I'll get it though!!

EDIT: How do you show files instead of it attaching the file??

EDIT: Figured that out too!

post-37957-0-08384700-1401596590_thumb.j

I figured it out for the most part. Haven't figured out why I can't trace, expand and use a file in Ai, I can import after tracing with inkscape and mask all day long. I'll get it though!!

EDIT: How do you show files instead of it attaching the file??

EDIT: Figured that out too!

attachicon.gifrainbow_gradient_running_hog.jpg

Hey........  Can you teach me how to show files without them attaching???  LOL

Ok. The easiest way to learn to do what you are wanting (creating your own as opposed to just using someone else's colors) is to just make a simple box, add a base color and then select the mesh tool (U quick key) and click down one side of the box as many times as you want color changes. This is creating a gradient mesh although initially it is still all the same color. Then either with the mesh pointer or the white select pointer (I use this to avoid adding lines I didn't mean to) click on one of the points you just put there and select a different color. I usually select both the points on that particular line at once but you can do it separately and even different colors side to side. Whatever turns your crank. Work you way down the points changing colors and soon you have a rainbow. You can select and drag the lines around to get the effect you want or use the warp tools to get crazy. Once you have it the way you want then your back to doing a mask to use it for fill. In some situations you can create the same effect right within the object you are working on but it won't let you if it has too many points. Gradients are always going to be a print or web effect anyway so the mask is the fastest way to go once you get the colors you want. 

There are several other ways to get to this same look but this is probably the simplest to learn fast and gives you a lot of control. The same mesh tool will add vertical lines if you click elsewhere (on the horizontal lines) and so the potential combinations are endless. If you stick a line somewhere accidentally the option click it and it will delete it. 

So I have to ask... is the rainbow intended to piss off razorback fans or what? 

Long story........

Back in the early to mid 2000s there were two factions of Hog fans. The fan base was divided over the GOBN (good ole boy network) which hired Houston Nutt (football coach which most knowledgeable football fans knew was a baffoon). This group was known as the "huggers". The other side wanted Nutt fired so bad that even some were hoping the team would lose just so they'd have to fire him. This group was known as the "darksiders". 

Huggers were also called "sunshine pumpers" due to their nature of only wanting to discuss the positive news, and would immediately dismiss anything that brought a negative light to the athletic department, no matter how much truth was in it. The lead pumper IS also a co-host to a nationwide radio program (Rick Scheafer). He is  also called Rainbow Rick. 

The darkside is being reunited, but not so much over the coach (although he's pretty much a carbon copy, but there's more important issues to be resolved first). I needed the Rainbow Hog to post when they get out of hand. LOL

• Like 1