Sign in to follow this  
UponAShelf

This is frustrating!

I have had my laser cutter II machine a few weeks now, and all I am trying to do is cut vinyl quotes to put onto boards.....well it's not working. My cutter is always leaving what I think are called tick marks??? The frustrating thing is that when I call US cutter support which is great, but they all seem to do things a little different....I am not kidding they will go in make some adjustments and say things like this blade off set, or the over cut was set funny..I am like yeah your last guy that I talked to did that and it worked fine for a minute, or until a changed fonts.....I am pulling my hair out, wasting tons of vinyl and time trying to weed it all through. The other thing I have noticed is that when I am cutting a large quote the closer it gets to the top of the quote the harder it is (more ticks) to weed, I don't think it is a dull blade because I often go back and re-cut the letters that could not be saved and I have no issues?!?

Just to help I am using Lase cutter II

My speed has varied from 600-200 although this does not seem to affect the issue that I am having 

My pressure is 125

I am using SCALP (yuck I know, but I am a beginner)

My blade off set is 0.28

Nit sure what else.

PLEASE HELP!!

Try to use another cutting manager application --- I highly suggest SignBlazerELEMENTS.

http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/GetAttachment/190/24198

Also, it's possible that the blade is not rotating freely.

You might wish to remove it from the holder, put in a few drops of 3-in-1 oil.

I have a LP2 also, but i do not know how to use scalp all that well..

Can you show us a image of what you are talking about?

my offset on my LP2 is .0098

google some youtube videos how to set your blade up

Im sure the all mighty skeeter will chime in with her words of wisdom and point you in the right direction. 

First thing I would do is slow the cutter way down. When I had my stepper motor cutter(the same type you have) I had my speed set to the slowest setting possible.

The next thing I would do is ensure you have your blade depth set correctly. No matter what you read in the owners manual, about credit card thickness or whatever. Set the blade until you can just barely see a line in the vinyl backing when you run the blade holder across some vinyl by hand with a good deal of force. If you cut the backing your way to deep. That will make setting your offset a nightmare because you have way to much blade exposed. 

Once you set your blade depth by hand then you adjust your cutting force to match what you did by hand. Its going to take some test cuts to get it dialed in but youll get there.