corelnovis

Need help with damage decal

I have an old motorbike with a very old cracked decal. I would like a new one. Please tell in what order I must start doing it. I am new to Corel so I am total novis.Please se Picture.

post-86124-0-35502900-1397730818_thumb.j

Import it into your design software.

Use the polyline tools to trace the red.

Use an outline to create the yellow.

Find a similar font  to create the text.

I use SignBlazer, there is a link for free download in the SignBlazer thread on this forum.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ygva0uwuckhr4

• Like 1

I have an old motorbike with a very old cracked decal. I would like a new one. Please tell in what order I must start doing it. I am new to Corel so I am total novis.Please se Picture.

Do you gave any better pics? It looks like there is more to the top of the decal. 

Thanks for your interest. No, there is no more over the decal. It´s a goldframe all round. The decal is sitting on a fueltank and it´s the shadow of the fueltankhalf.

Maby this Picture is Little better.

post-86124-0-58879500-1397745477_thumb.j

For this, you could print it on paper, put a blank sheet of paper over it, tape to an old crt/glass monitor and trace with a sharpie (good old Whit's po boy trace)

Then scan in and trace in Corel. Little clean up and voila. I would not touch the font though. You will need to find one similar and just type it out

I made a copy of that for you. It's not the best (but neither is the photo!) and the font is not exact but close. I didn't punch the text out of the red because you may want to find something different. 

Svenssons.eps

post-20133-0-79255300-1397751453_thumb.p

• Like 7

Very, very nice. If you come to Sweden I offer cold beer.

Can you please tell me how you did that. I will learn..

Thank you

• Like 2

Import the image into your design software of choice then with the poly line/bezler tool trace the image. I'd start with one of the Ls on the side. Make one, and get it sized correctly. Then copy it and move it to the next one and adjust as necessary. Do this for one side, then copy, and mirror it and put it on the other side. Then join the top edges together and bottom edges together and you're mostly done.

Import the image into your design software of choice then with the poly line/bezler tool trace the image. I'd start with one of the Ls on the side. Make one, and get it sized correctly. Then copy it and move it to the next one and adjust as necessary. Do this for one side, then copy, and mirror it and put it on the other side. Then join the top edges together and bottom edges together and you're mostly done.

That's pretty much it. Depends a little on what design software you are using.I work in Adobe Illustrator. 

I like to import the image and then reduce the opacity to around 50% and lock it so I don't fight accidentally selecting it. The 50% thing keeps the image visible but lets you see your own work better. I drew from the top of the red (at about 11:00 on a clock) counter-clockwise through all the stepped shapes to about the 7:00 position and then mirrored a copy and slid it over to the opposite side so as to keep it symmetrical and then connected the top and bottom. The outer gold color I just did a path offset until it was about the correct thickness. The rest is text. If I were cutting this I would take the finished and converted text and knock it out of the red so you would have a gold layer and a top red layer that the text will show through as gold. 

Very, very nice. If you come to Sweden I offer cold beer.

Can you please tell me how you did that. I will learn..

Thank you

Glad to be of help. This is one of my favorite pastimes so I don't mind when I'm not slammed with other things. 

• Like 3