altereddezignz

Strang import from illustrator

So i saved the file as an illustrator file and again as an svg file.

I then imported both.

The svg file looks good but the illustrator import has some issues on the lines. Look at the top right side of the W.

The top W is the files saved from illustrator to a svg file then imported.

second is the illustrator file imported.

These are not the only files that have this issue.  I have one that will mess up some spots even if it is saved out of illustrator as an svg file.

I have Flexi Pro v8.2 update but sure cuts alot seams to cut smoother and better lines out of the box. Cant seem to get flexi lined all the way out for some reason but all illustrator files import straight into flexi with no issues. 

Also seams like sure cuts alot there are not as many ways to edit files after it is imported.

Any help?

post-86074-0-08669900-1397530625_thumb.j

post-86074-0-80370000-1397530625_thumb.j

I have similar issues when I save a file as pdf in Illustrator and import it into scalp. I can save the same file as eps and it looks and cuts fine.

Some other members here swear by svg files. Not sure if they're using Illustrator or Inkscape to produce them.

Here is another one that is crazy. Original is in illustrator. Direct inport to scal is the one with the messed up half moon deals, the next one is the one that is missing them it is an export from illustrator to svg and svgz

post-86074-0-91841900-1397595689_thumb.j

post-86074-0-38949500-1397595690_thumb.j

post-86074-0-16177300-1397595691_thumb.j

I was going to say that those screw-ups look like broken paths. Sometimes when transferring files between different programs there are interpretation errors that mysteriously break closed paths and convert colors etc. Glad you got it working.