Beardown

OK need some help ohh great ones ! ! ! !

Ok today I go to cut something and when I press cut in Flexi I get a "write Port Error" using Com1.  So I do what is suggested by Tater(in another post) and go into tools>pref>cut> uncheck and ok ..... Still getting the error..

So I try to set up serial just to see if I can get it going..set it up install drivers and then when I go back into flexi and press cut It is saying that it is cutting and I get the progress bar ..but the cutter isnt Moving ... But No write port error ..just nothing.....but flexi saying that it sent it....

So I try to set up the Lpt  port thinking that It may be a driver issue .. And I am getting the same thing as the Usb connection the progress bar but the cutter is not moving....

So I go back to the Com1 port and send it again....this time after I sent it it just sat their with progress at 0 ...at that time I turned the plotter off and back on ...then the progress bar started to move and the offline/pause light came on the cutter ..I press that button and then the progress bar stops right there !

Does this make sense to anyone ?

I dont know why I got the write port error in the first place ??

;D:D :D ;D:huh: ??? :huh: ??? :huh: ??? :huh: ??? :huh: ??? :huh: ??? :huh: ??? :huh: ??? :huh: ??? :huh: ??? :huh: ???

When you switch from USB to the standard serial port or LPT port, are you changing the configuration settings in the Production Manager?

Tater And Billy .....Tater yes I am changing it in production Manager .......Billy doesnt seem that the dongle would be an issue becuse I cannot cut from Artcut either???

Uhhohhh....:huh:

When I first tried Art cut I pressed the cut test and first it cut the square in peices..Like it would do i milimeter than stop a little more than stop aand so for 10 minutes to cut 1 in. circle.....then about a half hour later it cut the 1 inch square the same way?  I tried resterting my computer now this morning I am getting nothnig

;D?:huh:?any Idea??

Have you disabled the connect to tcp/ip in flexi ?But if it's doing it in artcut the way it is,it sounds like the hardware settings on the port.If you're still on the com port,try running the baud rate down to 4800.And on the flow control on mine it's set to none.But some have been setting it to hardware.

Yes unchecked tcp/ip

Slowed down to 4800

Flow control to 0 from hardware

And..................................;D?? Well Progress ..It is saying that it is cutting on com 1 now ...but the cutter is just sitting there laughing at me I KNOW IT ! ! !

Anything else ???Maybe??

Hey I never gave any attention ..... hey is the reset light supposed to be on all the time??  I imagine that it is though

Ok ....Well I did what billy said and it was sending it to the cutter but the cutter was not responding ..... So I did some running around just sat down and tried to think the whole situation out ..... Well I did turn my rate down to 4800 on flex ....But ,,, I never set it on the cutter itself (insert smilie where you slap forehead ...here) Duh !!

So I set it it on the cutter to 4800 and press send in flexi and my little (billy will like this) C-3PO took off running ! !

So hey thanks you two !!   !  !  ! all help is greatlly apperciated and not overlooked ! !

BEARDOWN ! ! !

Well ya' damn dummy! You have to have matching numbers just like a showcar!Glad you got C3PO going.

Great news, sorry I didnt know that one. *making mental note to self*

Thank y'all for helping me learn.    :dontknow:

If ya ever make it to the Seattle area, I owe you some beer.    :occasion14:

Beardown... You need to straighten up if you ever want to become a NASA Engineer!  ;D

You know I was thinking the samething lol  .......But heres one for you tater ....why did it just stop anyways?? why did I have to change anything ?..... THe drama continues ......... :glasses:

Well ya' damn dummy! You have to have matching numbers just like a showcar!Glad you got C3PO going.

Thanks Billy ! ! !  C-3PO just wanted a break I guess ! !

Great news, sorry I didnt know that one. *making mental note to self*

Thank y'all for helping me learn.    :dontknow:

If ya ever make it to the Seattle area, I owe you some beer.     :occasion14:

Right on

Hey I might just take you up on your offer next winter if by some chance the Seachickens finish the reagular season ahead of my beloved Bears...... If we play you in the playoffs at your house ...I will be at the game ! ! !

GO BEARS ! ! 

Just because you own the robot,doesn't mean you can fly the falcon!(hehehe)

Thanks, I really havent noticed since i seen Billy really step up to the plate once i posted that according to the averages, I would be the first to reach Super Hero Member Status...

Go Billy Go!

By the way beardown, I think I know why your plotter just stopped working, I think its called operator error, or user error... LOL, Im not sure which one... If I was a NASA engineer, i could probably figure it out, but im just a NASA engineer in training.  Anyways, are you getting the write port error still or no?