gcextreme

Screen Printing Kits..

I got out of screen printing however that could be because I got the DTG. However I will let you know with a 1 color 1 station it will suck for multi color prints, no micro registration makes that even harder. Its good for one maybe two colors if you like it up perfectly when you burn the screen. I would say if you want a screen printing kit build it with parts. Get a floor model press with at least 4 color 6 stations with micro registration which technically you could do 5 color with one station for flashing. Then I would buy the screens a seller on ebay has really good aluminum screens I thinks its MJS I might be wrong its been awhile. Depending on the images your doing or inks make sure you get the right screen size, some metallic inks/glitter inks need different mesh. Then the inks you want I would order and make sure you get a good bright white for underbase. Also you can make a good drying cabinet, and an exposure table if you don't want to fork the dough out. And don't forget a conveyor dryer or a second flash unit that you can leave the shirt under so it dries. 

I just saw that kit friday I was in there buying Plastisol transfer paper and will be going in there again tomorrow. Its a very good starter kit. I have a 4 color 2 station press and just say thurdsay that I could make designs using Car Vinyl and silkscreen it on the Plastisol Transfer paper. I mirror the image and If I want I can heat press it on or just let it sit till I want to press it. I will tell you this that silkscreen is very very messy and time consuming.

What do u guys think of this kit..i watched the hour long instruction video. Seems easy enuff, but alot of work compared to cutting HTV and weeding and pressing.

http://www.silkscreeningsupplies.com/product/screen-printing-starter-kit

Well.. I wouldn't want to get that one unless you want to limit your self to one color shirts

This is the one i have

http://www.silkscreeningsupplies.com/product/silk-screening-kit-4-color

and this is the one i wish i would of gotten

http://www.silkscreeningsupplies.com/product/spho-screen-printing-package-4-color-2-station-press

:)

post-16863-0-96295700-1396813122_thumb.j

post-16863-0-43833000-1396813123_thumb.j

post-16863-0-97627400-1396813123_thumb.j

post-16863-0-43043000-1396813124_thumb.j

Plenty of money in 1 color printing. You can do 40-90 prints an hour and there is no way htv can compete with that. If you're handy google home made screen press and give it a go. I built my 1 color a while back and it has made thousands of dollars so for and it just did 824 prints last week. To be fair next big job I am going to invest in a 4 color 2 station press to expand my options but I rarely get asked for more than a 1 color design anyways. Also going to play with printing on coroplast again soon. (first attempt had mixed results). Messy, can be, profitable? Absolutely!

Ya, I screen a lot of coro on election years. Got my first order for this year already last week, 1000 pcs. 

I toyed with it a couple months ago but w/o a vacuum table it wasn't pretty. Also had a lot of "spiderweb" ending up on my print and don't know what was causing it.

Now that's the info that only experienced people can give. I'm gonna reattack that project in a couple weeks. It was driving me nuts trying to figure out what was causing it.

• Like 1