Sign in to follow this  
security802

I don't want to complain, but need to vent

Well so much for things looking up in the Father-in-law end of the world. The stupid hospital keeps giving him "zombie" drugs so they don't have to deal with him and now his dementia is getting really bad. Rose is so pissed at them that she has taken 5 days off and is living at the hospital with him so they don't give him anymore knock out meds. She says he does ok when she is there but gets confused when she is not. Been a rough few for the kids and I here, I just can't imagine what its like there. I could never do it, I can tell you all that...

Thanks for "listening" again folks..

EL tell your wife to hang in there, its tough but tougher yet with dementia. And maybe the reason its kicking in so bad is due to them overdosing him on those zombie meds they are horrible. you and the kids need to hang in there too and if your a family that's believes in the almighty pray.

In addition to moderating this forum and running a full time business, I am the full time caregiver for my mom who has dementia. Believe me when I say it..there is NOTHING worse and only those of us who have been through it know just how bad it can get.

• Like 2

In addition to moderating this forum and running a full time business, I am the full time caregiver for my mom who has dementia. Believe me when I say it..there is NOTHING worse and only those of us who have been through it know just how bad it can get.

They moved him to a nursing home and rehab center, he is responding good to rehab, so there is a glimmer of hope. Dementia SUCKS.

Sorry to hear you deal with it John, it is tough for sure

They moved him to a nursing home and rehab center, he is responding good to rehab, so there is a glimmer of hope. Dementia SUCKS.

Sorry to hear you deal with it John, it is tough for sure

Thanks. I never thought anything could be this hard.

• Like 1