Sign in to follow this  
ACJ GRAPHICS

can the gray be changed to white?

when i chang it i cant see it even if i change background color? i'm using illustrator what am i doing wrong?

post-66711-0-31717800-1395408158_thumb.g

Something going on there... where's the rest of your "F"?

Post the file....

When you put a black background behind it are you putting the image to the front of ..

how do you go that? when i change letters to white and change background all i see is background and everything else disapears

while the illustrator experts work it out - here is one I did for a local shelter a couple of weeks ago for another idea down the road

post-2742-0-51239500-1395419853_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Ya you kinda got a mess going on there. It appears that you did a live trace on a picture with a bunch of shadow? If you have the original then re-do the live trace and in the tracing options choose black and white logo or some other preset that will get rid of the odd color layers and help clean it up. The other option is to dig through the layers panel and remove all the weird stuff and I don't have a good idea what you want the end result to turn out like to know what to trow away. The text would be better served just recreating it if you have the font. The hand is simple enough and I think there are all the elements there to work over what you have. I'll play with it a little and see if I can get it to where I think you were aiming. Illustrator doesn't make the determination what to keep or throw away so you have to tell it exactly what you want on a trace. I really don't like to trace if I can avoid it.

Here is a cleaned up version. Again I don't know what your plans are for the overall look. I am at a different workstation than I use most of the time so I didn't take the time to find the font but I left it live so you should be able to select it and change the font out to what you want if you don't like this one. I sent this back in AI rather than eps. See if it works for you.

That file had all sorts of layers in there. To do some homework, open up both files and compare what you see in the layers. You might also toggle between preview and outline mode to see how many different lines there are on the original vs the simplified. 

adopt .ai

• Like 2

how do you go that? when i change letters to white and change background all i see is background and everything else disapears

I don' use Illustrator, but it would probably be under arrange (or equivalent) order to front of page etc.

That file had a bunch of layers that were making regular actions not work properly so I can see where it would be confusing. Heck Illustrator is confusing enough on it's own. Practice, practice, practice right?

• Like 2

That file had a bunch of layers that were making regular actions not work properly so I can see where it would be confusing. Heck Illustrator is confusing enough on it's own. Practice, practice, practice right?

OMG illustrator has definetly caused me to go gray and starting to lose my hair lol i do have corel x5 too which do you guys think is better?

oh and thank you!! they wanted it just like original gif just all the gray turned white and in a gif format for online the blue stays

Here is a cleaned up version. Again I don't know what your plans are for the overall look. I am at a different workstation than I use most of the time so I didn't take the time to find the font but I left it live so you should be able to select it and change the font out to what you want if you don't like this one. I sent this back in AI rather than eps. See if it works for you.

That file had all sorts of layers in there. To do some homework, open up both files and compare what you see in the layers. You might also toggle between preview and outline mode to see how many different lines there are on the original vs the simplified. 

font is     champage_limousine from da font 

Here is a giff with black background.  You should be able to do these yourself if you have illustrator. Just get it looking like you want then in the file menu choose "save for web and devices" and it will let you choose all sorts of formats. :) 

post-20133-0-47633600-1395433516_thumb.g

• Like 1