Sign in to follow this  
chipperi

651, 751, or 951

Large commercial truck doors 30x29 plus the USDOT#  3 color on a white truck...651, 751, or 951. I am leaning towards the 751. Anyone with more experience doing large trucks have any input.

I personally prefer the 751. I have used a LOT of 651 for similar applications without problems though. If there are any rivets or contours then definitely 751 and I think if you have a huge amount of rivets or major contours like corrugated stuff Oracal recommends 951 (I have never yet had an application that I felt the need for 951)

Great...not alot of contours and no rivets at all its a pretty flat surface. 751 it is.

951 gives you a longer life but there are temporary signs I installed 6/7 years ago and still look fine with intermediate vinyl on them. 751 is what I use for fleet graphics.

Is USCutter the cheapest place to get 751?  2 trucks 4 doors 30x29 and a roll of clear app tape so I can layer it, is roughly $150 in materials shipped. I gotta be able to charge my labor on top of materials and be profitable and still have him order again.  I already have the job, I just want a repeat customer.

you are going to find it real hard to beat there prices = especially with the 9.99 shipping for the order  - you will have material left for your next order - it will get used.  If you want to get away without the clear tape just cut the app tape short of the registration marks and place some packing tape over them and the top of the paper tape - lift it up and align to the next layer.

Also you can say I am using premium vinyl that will look good longer. One of my vans has premium vinyl 15/16 years old and still looks decent of course I kept it clean and waxed I am sure helped.