Sign in to follow this  
KeystoneChuck

Looking for new plotter

I currently own a PCUT which I have been using for the past six year, love the machine but carriage arm finally broke. I was looking at possible buying a new machine. In your opinion is a new SC Series better than a six year old PCUT. If you go buy pricing today I would say not, PCUT is more. I have no complaints or wantings with my current PCUT so an upgrade is just that with me an upgrade that I probably wasn't needing before. Whats everyones $.02 on this comparison?

wait a week or 2....USC has a new model called the TITAN..it is pricey BUT I have it on good authority that it blows everything else out of the water. Mine should be here tomorrow ( I bought one, not a gift) and will be able to say more once I get it up and running/

I just called and they tried selling me on the Titan. Sounds great but a little out of my price range for what I use it for ($995). I was hoping to get arm or machine ASAP. I have orders that need to be done ASAP.

From what I am hearing, the Titan should pay for itself  just by not wasting vinyl. It is supposed to track straight for 15 feet. That alone is what made me buy one. I went the extra and got the SERVO motors model...

• Like 1

From what I am hearing, the Titan should pay for itself  just by not wasting vinyl. It is supposed to track straight for 15 feet. That alone is what made me buy one. I went the extra and got the SERVO motors model...

15 ft is definitely an improvement over what you can count on with most of the budget cutters. Here is a comparison from spec sheets from some of the better cutters out there:

Rolland Stika & Graphtec Cameo - 39"

Vinyl Express R series - 5ft

Roland GX24 - 9.8ft 

Graphtec CE series - 25ft

Roland GX Pro - 26ft 

Graphtec FC series - 49ft

SummaCut D series - 164ft (yeah I'm a tracking snob! Ha ha!)

By contrast the budget cutters don't even list a tracking distance but they do have a max cutting distance

MH -8ft

SC - 12ft

Copam - 20ft