Sign in to follow this  
ROCKSTARMS

DuraCut DC-24

Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a DuraCut DC-24 vinyl plotter from a local sign shop that was going out of business.

They told me it was an older machine but the thing works beautifully and allowed me to cut a half dozen or so things with it before I bought it.

I only paid a couple hundred bucks for it so I wasn't concerned as it seemed like a drastic improvement over my US cutter I had before that gave me a new problem weekly.

I have been using this machine for about 6 months now and love it! It's fast, quiet, easy to use, everything I could ask for!

Only problem is I need some new blades and cant find a thing about this brand or plotter online!?

The only information on the machine is a sticker on the front that says DuraCut DC-24 by WestComp digital graphics systems. And its a model number 709809-10020.

Can anyone shed some light on what I might have or where I can get some blades? They're about 2mm long and the shaft of the blade is the same size all the way.

Thanks!

Erik

-First Amendment Vinyl

Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a DuraCut DC-24 vinyl plotter from a local sign shop that was going out of business.

They told me it was an older machine but the thing works beautifully and allowed me to cut a half dozen or so things with it before I bought it.

I only paid a couple hundred bucks for it so I wasn't concerned as it seemed like a drastic improvement over my US cutter I had before that gave me a new problem weekly.

I have been using this machine for about 6 months now and love it! It's fast, quiet, easy to use, everything I could ask for!

Only problem is I need some new blades and cant find a thing about this brand or plotter online!?

The only information on the machine is a sticker on the front that says DuraCut DC-24 by WestComp digital graphics systems. And its a model number 709809-10020.

Can anyone shed some light on what I might have or where I can get some blades? They're about 2mm long and the shaft of the blade is the same size all the way.

Thanks!

Erik

-First Amendment Vinyl

call Ross at cleancutblande and he will get you the right one - tell him scott or dakota sent ya and mention the forum for a discount 

http://www.cleancutblade.com/

be sure to start with too little blade and drop you pressure about 40 percent before you start the new blade - work into it - they are way sharper and stay that way because they are made with a tight grained high quality carbide - but with that comes a trade off that they can be brittle if abused with too much force or blade cutting deep in the mat during turns - once set you are good for about a year though

For $28 a blade I think I'd call Ross at Cleancut first just to see what he says because he's probably gonna be in the same range or cheaper and his product is top notch like Dakota said. That is a good link for parts and info that Mzskeeter posted and although I didn't go through the whole site it may prove to be very useful to you.

I would be willing to bet that it's a Roland-compatible blade.

eBay sells these for around $5 a box of 5 from China.

On 3/5/2014 at 6:50 PM, ROCKSTARMS said:

Hello everyone,

Thanks!

Erik

-First Amendment Vinyl

Hey Erik I also recently purchased the same one. I am missing the cord to hook the machine up to my computer can you help me out? Am I looking for a 9 pin male to female or to USB ?

Almost 3 years since he has been on. Don't hold your breath for an answer.

Go buy a null modem cable and a straght through. Take the one that does not work back.

• Like 1