Sign in to follow this  
mabscotthandyman

Use sunscreen

Guys take of your skin and use sunscreen when working outside a hat or cap also helps espically a wide brimmed hat. I spent the day getting my nose cut on removing a cancer and will need one or two reconstructive surgerys to rebuild it. It started as just a small spot in the crease of my nose that bleed real easy and not being insured I did not seek advise or treatment so it got to this point. If my wife had not stayed on my butt I could have waited too long. Just keep notice of moles or sores that change, bleed or dont heal.

• Like 5

good advice - we too often forget about this until someone we know has gone thru this.

Wishing you a speedy recovery. I'm in the same boat with insurance and it makes you think when you let something slide like that because of the costs associated with the doctors.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. I am covered somewhat by medicare now that helps a lot and I have had medical checkups since I got it last year if not for that I may have not went then which would have been a mistake.

• Like 1

it's kinda like a hard drive crash - it wakes us up a little when we hear about someone having the problem - I know my grandpa had several removed over the years and warned me - right before I would go fishing without lotion or a hat having forgotten the warning

it's kinda like a hard drive crash - it wakes us up a little when we hear about someone having the problem - I know my grandpa had several removed over the years and warned me - right before I would go fishing without lotion or a hat having forgotten the warning

Scott 50 years of construction in all types of weather has not helped and I have never liked hats or caps so I was always exposed to the sun. I have also had countless sunburns over that time and they say only one can damage the skin enough to cause a cancer. I preach to the young peopleabout smoking mostly to no avail but I have got to try.......if there is any thing good about getting old it is the knowledge you gain if you have the wisdom to accept it

• Like 2

I understand - never been a hat person but I keep buying them and trying them - on the last trip I bought a wide brimmed columbia to try next time as it was at the end of the trip LOL