3barefoot

Welding?? Name inside a baseball

Ok got a quick easy question for you... I'm cutting like 30 small baseballs.. and 11 bigger ones with names inside for my Son's birthday party.. Beens it so much to cut I want to make sure before I do it.. When placing a name on top  of a decal do you "weld" just the baseball, "weld" just the name, or weld both?? It's not letting me click "group" 

I know I should have done just one to test but I have already done my whole page to cut. I did this before with a firefighter shield and put wife in the middle but I can't remember which way I did it.. SMH

post-75189-0-28534500-1393365500_thumb.j

• Like 1

If you are using Scalp Weld or union your text first. Then place it over top of the ball then use the Exclude option from the path menu. You can then union or group the items. I prefer union so I can simplify and remove unneeded nodes. 

What program are you using? In SignBlazer, you can just select both colors and it will all cut. If you are using a script font, you will want to weld them together first.

I'm not sure what you're after? Just add the text on top of the baseball and cut it. With SCALP you can cut by color, or cut all colors at once. Are you trying to add a name on top of the baseball and merge it together so it's one decal like below? Just add your text on top of the baseball and click 'MERGE'. Now it will become one. If you are using a text that is overlapping like a cursive font, you will want to 'UNION' the text before you place it on the baseball. Keep it mind once you UNION the text, you cannot edit the text anymore, just it's size. 

capture-20140225-143454_zps945aa50a.png

• Like 1

In Flexi you pick the fly out (little black arrow) next to the weld tool, pick the third option it says cutout.

In Corel you would use the combine function.

Hope this helps.

I'm using SCAL3P.. I am trying to do it like the above image. When I go to object it does not give me a choice of clicking "merge" Nor the choice of "group" all it gives me is "ungroup" for the letters. Like I said I did it last time but I used the "weld" button.. Guess I just need to make a test cut.

Not sure if this is your problem but are you selecting both objects (the letters and the ball) before trying to weld?

I'm using SCAL3P.. I am trying to do it like the above image. When I go to object it does not give me a choice of clicking "merge" Nor the choice of "group" all it gives me is "ungroup" for the letters. Like I said I did it last time but I used the "weld" button.. Guess I just need to make a test cut.

Make sure you are selecting both the baseball and font before you click MERGE. If you just have the font selected or vise versa, MERGE will not be available. The font is called Bou Western. 

I got it.. It worked either way.. By clicking the ball and hitting weld... and by clicking name and hitting weld.