Sign in to follow this  
Pcrat

Printer and CISS Kit arrived!!

Really? You expect them to overnight you a brand new printer? The MSRP on the WF7520 is under $400 - no one can afford to offer that level of support at those kinds of prices...

Have you replaced the black cartridge or the battery inside the cartridge (there are tiny watch cells in some Epson cartridges, I know for sure the WF4020 does because I had to replace one to get rid of the exact same error you're experiencing...)

I have had no problems with my WF4020 (except the chip battery) and the only issues I've had with my WF1100 were due to me letting it sit unused too long and I was able to fix that cheaply and easily. That is why I felt confident ordering another Epson. Plus Cobra Ink supports the 7510/7520 series and that speaks volumes to me.

And filing a claim with the BBB over this? Seriously? They offered to fix it per their warranty agreement. If you want better arrangements, then you need to pay a lot more than $400 up front and/or pay for an annual maintenance contract that provides better support. And if your business is so dependent on that piece of equipment, then shouldn't you have a back up for just such an emergency?

• Like 1

I never said I expected them to overnight me a new printer? I've done everything mentioned to try to fix it. I guess I just have higher expectations than you do when it comes to something breaking under warranty (a 1 year warranty, nonetheless).  When my computer breaks under warranty, they send a tech here to fix it.  When my truck breaks under warranty, I take it to the dealer and get a loaner car until it's fixed. 

Why would I take their offer of sending it back, forcing me to buy a new printer anyways, then getting a just a refurb back? I will be out more money in purchasing a backup unit, plus have a refurbished unit. Then I'd also have to constantly make sure I was periodically printing something on my "backup" printer.  That would be pretty stupid of me to take their offer, when I can just deal with wasting ink a few more weeks until my extended warranty kicks in. I'll be able to return this piece of junk, and get my full money back to purchase a brand new unit. I won't be without a printer, and I'll have a brand new item, that's not Epson. Just hoping this thing doesn't completely give out on me until then. If it does, I'm fully prepared to buy the cheapest thing at Chinamart to get me by.

I'm glad you've never had any problems with your Epson. I unfortunately can not say the same about my last 2. 

Never had any problems with my 7520.

You do realize even if they pay for the shipping to overnight it to them, then return it the next day, or give you a loaner until yours is returned.

Yours will be a refurb when you get it back.

Have you swapped that cartridge out for a new one? It could just be that cartridge.

its been what a few days and still the 7520 prints great...i followed richards tutorials to a T and all is fine. i love this printer. you get what u pay for. i payed $200.00 for the printer and $169.,99 for the ink and its great.

when ya first get it , it does need to be "calibrated" so to speak, but once its done it works pretty much flawless. 

and yes the size is HUGE lol!! i need to re do my room for  my printer and heat press and cutter lol

I got the 7520 out of the box and setup.  Followed the instructions to the letter - used a USB cable just long enough to configure the WiFi connection and then disconnected it.

It works perfectly - didn't have to clean the heads or adjust anything - just perfect the first time.   I love that I can scan from any of my computers - a wireless scanner is all new for me!

My WP4020 has MAMMOTH ink cartridges by comparison - no need for a CISS on that printer - the cartridges are refillable (from Cobra Ink) and hold 4 Oz. per color internally.   The ones that come with the WF7520 are itty-bitty tiny by comparison - definitely going to have to call Ashley back and order a pigment CISS kit soon...   I really wish they made 13x19" printer with large internal cartridges like that... that would be awesome!

The dye-sub CISS kit for my 1400 showed up today, but our outdoor temps are hovering around 0° and I'm not sure how long it sat on the front porch before I got home from my "real" job, and so I've just been letting it sit and slowly come to room temperature all afternoon - I'll get that squeezed into the 1400 tomorrow some time and get it up and running... fun, fun, fun!

Oh, and for anyone who is interested in getting one, I bought mine from the Epson Outlet storefront on Ebay.  Cost me $179 with free S&H and I had it in two days.  It comes with a 14 day no questions return policy and a 1 year warranty from Epson. The box is labeled as "manufacturer refurbished" but it looks brand new.  There isn't a mark, scratch, blemish anywhere on it and it even smells new.  I'd been looking to get a high resolution flatbed scanner and they cost half as much as this printer did, and a tabloid sized scanner runs even more, so I saved money buying this vs. buying just a scanner - and I've yet to see a stand alone wireless scanner...

• Like 1

damn i paid $199.00 online, free ship and 169.00 for ink and ciss.. waiting on the paper and some T shirts and wife wants a hoodie, so gonna practice on my wife first  lol that didnt sound good hehe.

Cheaper to practice on a couple t-shirts first until you're sure you've got it dialed in.

• Like 1

oh yes, does thicker cloth, like sweaters, or hoodies require more pressure / Time? or about the same as a t shirt.

ive been reading up on light and black shirts, what colors to use with which paper... so that will be some trial and error there also :D

Same pressure and temp for hoodies but I give them a few extra second because they act like a heat sink and take slightly longer to heat up. On the papers when they say light colors they really mean white. Every other color will have some effect on the image and the farther from white the greater the effect.

• Like 2

ok, so light color shirts lol means white shirts, use opaque paper for anything but white lol.

You can experiment with ash and very light colors but they will impact the color of the design. Sometimes the results actually come out pretty nice but most times it'll just make you kick yourself for doing that. On a side note I did my first sublimation shirt ever last week and I've got a feeling I won't be doing many more jpss transfers once I get more of these shirts in stock.

• Like 1

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="jaybird" data-cid="344001" data-time="1392071004"><p>

You can experiment with ash and very light colors but they will impact the color of the design. Sometimes the results actually come out pretty nice but most times it'll just make you kick yourself for doing that. On a side note I did my first sublimation shirt ever last week and I've got a feeling I won't be doing many more jpss transfers once I get more of these shirts in stock.</p></blockquote>

No contour cutting required to eliminate the feel of JPSS outside the design - or inside the design for that matter. And it's cheaper than JPSS, too!

No contour cutting required to eliminate the feel of JPSS outside the design - or inside the design for that matter. And it's cheaper than JPSS, too!

What held me back was finding shirts at a reasonable price. Finally found out that sanmar has some and way cheaper than vapor apparel.

So if i buy a Red shirt, and print say a Blue square, and press it on. with it turn say green? or will the blue square be blue on a red shirt lol. 

It will be a dark spot on an otherwise perfectly good red shirt. The problem is that regular transfers rely on the shirt to supply the white where on the print it looks great because the carrier is white so your mind doesn't always compute that in reality you just printed on a clear product, the white paper comes off leaving just the clear and your ink. Take a blue sharpie and write something on a clear sheet protector and then hold it on the shirt and you'll see. 

So if i buy a Red shirt, and print say a Blue square, and press it on. with it turn say green? or will the blue square be blue on a red shirt lol. 

It depends on what you print the blue square on, and how you transfer it to the red shirt.

If you print it onto an opaque transfer, like 3G Opaque or Jet Opaque and press it on a red shirt, you'll end up with a blue square and a white border, unless you cut away the parts that aren't blue.

If you print it onto a "light fabric" transfer, like JPSS and press it on a red shirt, you'll end up with a dark square that will probably be a little purplish.

If you print it onto a sheet of dye-sub transfer paper using dye-sub inks and then press it onto a red shirt, you'll end up with a dark, purplish square that will either be permanent (assuming the shirt is greater than 50% polyester) or it will disappear on the first washing (if the shirt is less than 50% polyester).  The amount that fades away is directly proportional to the percentage of non-polyester fibers - 100% polyester = 0% fade, 0% polyester = 100% fade.

Ok yea i dont use dyebsub in In this printer.. so all pigment inkjet.. so whats good paper to use .. the 3g.. and jpss then? And whos a good supplier? Ive been looking around but want a reputable place.

I got my first stack of inkjet transfer papers from CobraInk, but since then I've got them from the nig auction site. Search by the brand you want and make sure to only buy from sellers with a proven track record - that is where I get my best deals.

Gotcha... so how do ya guys get the colors u want on the color shirt u want if they change colors after ya press..

Yea from what I hear 3g and jpss are what most are using.. I want to stick with one brand.. different brands act different so..

I have had my best success on white garments with Jet Pro Soft Stretch. (JPSS) but I have read where others have used other brands just don't buy the crap they sell at walmart.  Best price I found was actually on amazon and I got a couple hundred for around 40cents per sheet if I remember correctly. Still have half of them. 

As far as opaque transfers for colored garments I haven't found any I like yet. They all feel like you just glued a piece of paper on the front of the shirt. I have heard rumors of a brand that is called Jet Wear Super Soft Dark made by IYA (not the jet wear dark made by Neehahs) that is supposed to be stretchy but I have not tried it and can't find a supplier who has small amounts. tshirtsupplies.com had 100 for $130 plus shipping and I just don't want to buy 100 to find that they really aren't any good either. 

<edit> I just bumped back to their site and they don't list the super soft dark by IYA anymore but they do have sample packs of a lot of other papers. I've got a call in to a salesperson to see if I can get a straight answer out of anyone.  

Update. I received an email back claiming that the Jetwear Dark IYA is supposed to be the same product that used to be called IronAll Dark and is supposed to be soft and kinda stretchy so I ordered a sample pack (outrageous shipping fee!) and will try it out as soon as it gets here and I'll either leave some feedback or start a whole new thread. If the product is as she said then I think there will be a lot of interested parties. I think I could sell 30% more products if the feel on the dark transfers is even close to the soft feel of the JPSS. People love the JPSS just not always wanting a white shirt. 

Just ordered 50 sheets from amazon of the Jet-Pro Soft Stretch Inkjet Heat Transfer Paper 8.5" x 11". 25.00 total with shipping. 

Now gonna look around for some T's anyone have a good spot... ive seen blanktshirt.com but that seems too obviouse lol. prices arent too bad tho there. jiffyshirts someone said isnt bad either..

• Like 1