Sign in to follow this  
GraphxNMore

Word of advice for newbs, or veterans for that matter

I've been having trouble with weeding. I'm talking SERIOUS trouble. Taking 30 minutes to weed ONE simple decal with three lines of text and a graphic. This has been going on for a while. I up pressure and it seems to help, but over the course of three or four cuts it reverts. So I change blades, same thing. After getting full blown irritated I pulled the blade out and checked it. Everything looks normal, no small pieces, holder clean, etc. I dig out a package of blades and compare to check degree, it's what it's supposed to be. So I'm putting the box of blades back up and I notice there's no name on them. I dig around and find a box of Roland blades and compare. Went to get a magnifying glass and could see the ones from the package with no brand name had an arched edge of the cutting blade, while the Rolands were smooth. Evidently the ones I bought off eBay were knock offs, but weren't advertised as such. 

Moral of the story, don't scrimp, buy original OEM. It'll save a ton of headaches and they're not that much more expensive.

Or... Buy all of your blades from CleanCut Blades and be assured of amazing quality on every blade and high quality cuts every time...

• Like 4

Needless to say, with the Roland blade I was able to weed 8 of the same decal that was taking 20-30 minutes each in that same amount of time. And I also was texting and made 2 phone calls during the process. 

with cleancut blades I can do that same  thing for a year on one blade - 8 might be in an hr or less LOL

I can't say I have ever tried the roland original but have tired the graphtec supersteel and they were good but the cleancut still beat them over the long haul.    

These others that I got rooked with were junk straight out of the box. I didn't think much about it early because I just did a bunch of simple larger decals that were easy to weed. I chalked it up to blade depth and pressure. I've went from 25 on pressure to 115, now back to 30. I'll try to get a good pic of the blade edge to show the arc. It's crazy. Almost like used blades that were attempted to be resharpened.

if it is the same ones I got when I started they are just Chinese inexpensive blades

They were off eBay I believe. They were advertised as genuine Roland blades, and were 5 bucks so I bought them. Didn't pay attention to the label initially. But hindsight is 20/20. On the ones that I know are genuine, the name Roland in on the label. It's not on the cheapies. But they were supposed to be.

the ebay blades are generically referred to as roland "type"  not necessarily roland blades.

All I have is my original set that came with my cutter. I have my dad resharpen them when they start to get dull. 

i still have my originals and so far cutting great still... but all this talk about cleancutblades... i think im gonna get some of those after these.

Cleancut is the ONLY way  to go. I've been using current blade for about a year and still going strong Ross will answer any questions that you might have.