Sign in to follow this  
JessXEmoji

Can the cold wrinkle vinyl?

I had a ebay customer cantact me sayin her decal had a hole in it and it was wrinkled. Ive shipped this same decal 5 times and got good reviews.

I doubt the post offices put a hole through the package. Only thing I can think of is the 5 degree

Weather during shipping or they are lying cause they messed it up trying to apply it.

Can the cold wrinkle or cause holes?

I offered her a refund or new one and she wants a new one. Told her if this is one damaged ill need a picture.

why not ask for a picture now?   I do.   It is amazing how they never have a camera.  LOL.   You can tell if it has been installed.  And the transfer tape is off.   If it was sent priority mail,  It is insured.   Then they file a claim with the Post office.  If it's a cheap  decal, you can replace it, and life goes on.... You might as well get used to people, who have no business applying decals.  I have had customers tell me  "they scraped the ice off their window,, and applied the decal, and it didn't stick."   Then complain. (They lived in New York and about 10 degrees out)  You might as well get used to people with no common sense.  There are many out there..    I had 1 EBAY customer tell me,  "you should have told me before I bought this, that I could not apply it now"     LOL.    I told that customer,  Lowes and Home Depot,  sell exterior house paint  365 days a year, BUT does that mean you should go out and paint your house at zero?   It's called "common sense", and do your homework before making a purchase...  I always include cold weather info with any order now.  That is the first thing they see, when they open the package. Right on top.

• Like 3

skeeter hit it right on the head - always ask for pictures -  and I have had the post office drive over boxes I believe so they are not infallible  

• Like 2

You definitely don't want to get negative feedback if you can help it on ebay, people actually read those before they buy. I think the key is verify what the actual problem is and decide if it's a customer applied issue or a shipping issue and then you can figure out the best way to deal with it. If you plan to do a long term business on ebay then you should get prepared to have some issues. Sometimes they are legit sometimes they are just trying to get something for nothing. I would be sure and have a well thought out return policy that is VERY visible on the auction/webpage.  

I will usually just provide a new decal and move on. I don't even asked what happened.

I always ask for a pic BUT I do it in such a way that they don't mind. I tell them I am going to send the pic to my supplier and if the vinyl is defective they will replace it. BUT I always refund or do another one. I am talking banners here so in my case, it can get into money...BUT the one time the banner substrate  was the problem, I got a new roll from my supplier,based strictly on the pic.

For a decal, I'd do the same thing but refund or replace no matter what. A negative feedback can hurt you a lot more than the cost of what you would be out on replacing it.

I get into money also, doing full side vehicle graphics (.A Pair)  BUT I also have some very honest buyers,  who will tell me up front,  they screwed it up.  Can I give them a break on another graphic,  and I do.    

But I have had buyers who will say  "Oh I threw it (them)away"    Somehow  they think because of online store,  it does not matter. They should just be refunded, or new item with no proof.  Would they take a handful of air to a regular store, and get a refund, or a new item?  Just hand them $100.    Of course not..  .... 

I have also had a couple "claim" that the box etc was damaged when they received it.  Well of course on the priority shipping insurance is included now  FREE from the Post office.  So ya tell them  you will have to file a claim with the post office and let the post office, see the box and item damage..  OH, they don't want to do that!!!..   LOL    They want their money returned from me.   That is what insurance is for.  Post office covers it.   It is not to be reshipped again...  Buyer is to show the proof.

If you had an online business long enough,  you hear it all..... 

Well it was just a 8x9 decal. Her first message was rather rude. Then after I responded with the offer. She started being really nice and told me she loves the decal and really wants it on her car.

Im still trying to understand how the decal wrinkles.

I would send her a new one even though she probably screwed it up trying to put it on. The Kudo's you can get from good customer service can be worth much more in the long run than a teeny little thing like that. If you are like me you probably have scraps that are larger than that all over the place. 

Story not related to vinyl, but just scammers on EBAY:

This little scam happened back in Nov, 2013, on a dvd I sold... a couple people on  here, know the story on this.And I have showed them the emails and evidence.   I sold a new sealed dvd to a buyer on EBAY.    Cheap $4.00 free ship DVD. .  Same day he gets it, He sent me this message. And 2 photos of the dvd case, with a dvd turned over laying on the case, only half the dvd and case showing..The back of the dvd was all scratched up...  His message:  I recived the dvd but out of the case holder with a several scratches, I try to play it in 3 diferent dvd players and scenes are skiped or they are frozen, before I start any complaint with ebay customer service or leaving any negative feedback to you and in order to avoid any of this actions I want to know what you can do to fix this matter, thanks.
Here are some pictures where you can see the problem.

I said to myself, no way a new sealed dvd would look like that.  I told the buyer to ship it back for a refund,(he never did)  but while I was waiting,  I started looking at this buyer's Ebay site.  First off, he was a DVD seller also, with complaints on copies.Then I pulled up his purchases for the past 30 days.  and noticed he had bought numerous dvds over the past month.. SO,  I started writing the other sellers,  to see if they had any problem with this buyer. And showed them the message and photo that I had received from the buyer. Within minutes I had 2 replies right back  from sellers, saying they had also received the same type threatening message, as well as a photo of a scratched up dvd.  They had just refunded the guy and never asked for the dvd back, BY the end of the day I had replies from 8 sellers saying the same thing. They all received the message and photos  No one questioned it, EXCEPT ME...They just refunded the guy to get rid of him. Because he wrote negative feedback, in that message. And that is an EBAY violation right there. He was a scammer. !!! One seller was lucky, he received my message and was warned already,  his dvd was to be delivered that day.  Like clock work the seller received the same type message and a photo of a scratched up dvd.  THAT seller told the buyer,  " I have been waiting all day for your message. I was already warned by the Ebay community, that you were going to send me this message, and a photo of a scratched up dvd..and here it is..You are being reported as an unsafe trader as well as threatening negative feedback."   That seller never heard any more from the buyer.  The point is,,  this was a small amount of money that would not be questioned, BUT he was doing it to EVERY seller. It did add up.  $4-12 dvds.  He was getting the dvds plus his money returned. And no one questioned it!!  Or asked for the dvd back.  This guy has over 800 feedback.  Wonder how long that had been going on.?   I still look at this buyers purchases and if I see him buying dvds, I give the sellers a heads up, before it is ever shipped.  So. they are aware of his scam.   I made that buyer well aware that I contacted the other sellers, and that they had received the same message and that he was a scammer, and I reported his threat and message to EBAY.  and he would not be getting a penny from me!!!!  And NO I did not get negative feedback from the buyer.  It just rolled off with nothing left on it recently.  LOL  

Yeah crazy story. Im sure there are thousands doing that.. btw is there a time table of when a buyer can leave feedback? like can they leave you feedback months down the road?

Wow Skeeter, that was a cool bit of detective work you did. Maybe we should call you Nancy Drew! Way to go the extra mile! 

Thanks.  I was sent a link from one of the sellers that I helped,  it is a youtube video.   I will not post it here,  but you can go look it up,  mature audience only,  a lot of cussing!!!!    You can search for  Ebay Seller's Revenge.   by acrosby1099    There are a couple different EBAY revenge videos on there....,  but this  video shows a laptop...at the start.   Hilarious...