Sign in to follow this  
THEJTINS

Tack-Tical

Just thinking about application tape. What do you all like best? what are the pros and cons of paper vs. plastic tapes. What about level of tack? What do you like and why??

I use Main Perfect tear paper tape, medium tac for everything...I only make vinyl graphics.    I make many large length designs, and it works great when rolling up the designs for shipping.

• Like 1

Same here med tach paper tape. Clear ONLY on items the customer May layer themselves and then only on the top layer. I think the only other exception I have had is on my home made speed press made with a Newman roller frame

I use paper for myself. I use a mix of med tack and high depending on the application. If it's something that has small letters that I think are going to give me trouble during application then I definitely use the med tack. It comes off easier with less lift on the small pieces. Sometimes you get a letter or dot that doesn't want to come off the liner being the only issue but I usually just leave it on the liner and go back for it with a small square of the same app paper and stick it where it belongs.

I sell occasional stuff to local craft ladies and they like the clear and I use medium tack for that as well. Best luck for this has been the R-Tape Clear choice AT60

I have found that the clear has way more tendency to tunnel and is much more susceptible to temperature changes and stretches too much for multi layer. Not to mention you are stuck without the option of a wet install or a wet removal. 

Stay away from the Greenstar layflat clear. It sucks IMO. The paper stuff from Greenstar is fine but I only use it up to about 12" width. The edges are a little weird and it can go on bad if you aren't careful. I prefer the R-Tape Apli-tape or the conform versions. They cost a little more but are worth it on the big wide stuff. 

• Like 1

Paper here too but I prefer high tack because it pulls the little pcs. off the liner better.