Sign in to follow this  
GraphxNMore

Small chad removed while cutting

I've been having issues with small pieces of vinyl being pulled out while cutting. Is this a vinyl issue or blade setting? I haven't noticed it this bad before. I recently changed blades and noticed I'm not getting good cuts either. Don't know if I was sent some cheap blades or what the deal is. It's leaving a mark on the backing paper, but I literally have to pull some areas apart. Could they be related?

Thanks

34" SC Series Cutter, if that matters.

wipe your blade clean now, as you are into the adhesive.  Set your blade like this:

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

• Like 2

What skeeter said.

New blade. You have to set up for the difference from the old to the new.

And a drop of oil and make sure the inside of the holder is clean.

• Like 1

Eazy i had the same problem with cutting small on an sc cutter, I slowly started to change the depth of blade and pressure and started to cut until i did not see them. Have not had that problem in awhile now.. I run 200 speed at 24 g pressure for regular vinyl and htv