smendlik

Vinyl to Concrete?

I had someone ask me if a decal would stick to concrete, am I correct in assuming that the answer is yes only if it's clean, smooth, and dry?  Any dirt, moisture, or texture would cause the decal to not adhere properly?

The texture certainly would have to be smooth as a baby's butt.

And it would be best to use a high-quality cast vinyl, like 3M Series7125.

I've never tried it, but it seems logical that it would work.

Thanks for the feedback guys.  I only have Oracal 651 so no cast vinyl.  I know tape will stick to smooth concrete, I've had to scrape enough off before.

We do textured wraps all the time... we use 3M 480Cv3 or Arlon DPF6700. I haven't found a good cut vinyl that sticks well though... I would test it out with cast vinyl and a lot of heat to set the memory and adhesive.

I actually bought some from a member here to print on for concrete and worked ok just pressure wash first and let ft completely

Can actually apply right to any concrete, block, stucco or brick. Surface does not have to be smooth at all. It is all in the installation and using the correct material and tools. 

Concrete floors easy peasy. But they are all going to be short term depending on traffic. Just be damn sure to use a skid resistant approved laminate to not only protect people walking over it but also your business. Lawyer fees when getting sued get pricey in a hurry. 

• Like 1

the product I tried was Avery Dennison MPI 6121 Street Graphics - worked pretty well and some of it is still stuck since June in my driveway from my daughters open house - really got to power wash that off if still there in the spring LOL