Lady_VI

Not all installed fonts show up in Signblazer

Why does some of the fonts that are installed on your computer not show up in the list in Signblazer?  I use NexusFont to pick out the font that I want to use in my design but when I went to Signblazer to choose it, it is not in the list.  This has happen before and it seems that it is always the font with little O by the name and not any of the ones with the little TT by them, but I do not know what the O and TT means anyway.

The O means open type and tt means true type. I am not sure why the open type don't show. There is/was a site online where one could go to convert the open type to true type... But that was several years ago.

Lady Vi i was wondering the same thing. Had a font installed and Signblazer did not detect it. But inkscape did so i just designed in inkscape

If it's a font you really need, you can download a free font editor that works extremely well. I've used it to create some custom fonts and fix many free fonts. Called Fontforge from Sourceforge. You can find it here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/fontforge/

I suggest reading the docs and tutorial though. Fonts can be difficult to work with. But straight conversions are fairly easy and itr will do Opentype to Truetype no problems (usually).

• Like 2

I completely had forgotten that I had a major crashing problem with the current FontForgeSetup_2012-07-31_Windows program.  I think the program would remain active and loaded but the user interface would disappear. Had to kill the process with task manager to try again... Back when, searching the net revealed a common problem and switching to the older version was suggested. I have had no major problems with the FontForgeSetup_2011-02-22_Windows version. I do suggest saving any work frequently though :-\:lol:

I did a search today and now can't find the info that I did find last year or so? But I also don't remember the specifics of the crash... So, if you do install the current version and have a major problem with it, try the older version. It works fine for me...
:bear:

• Like 1