Sign in to follow this  
busterbay

Just Wondering..

How many of you also screen print in addition to your vinyl business ?

I have been kicking the tires and I am considering adding screen printing to business model.

if you have room for all the stuff and mess it can be very profitable - I ditched after buying most of the equipment due to mess and running out of room

I just started to get into it and the profit margins ranks as high as vinyl or higher.

I just started to get into it and the profit margins ranks as high as vinyl or higher.

I like high profit margins.  :rolleyes:

if you have room for all the stuff and mess it can be very profitable - I ditched after buying most of the equipment due to mess and running out of room

I can always make room for profit  B)

I squeezed a 1 color setup with flash dryer into less than 8'x8'. I'll be buying a 4 color press shortly.

Me too. 

Without giving your trade secrets away what type of items do you find that sell the best ?

I'm sticking with t-shirts and hoodies. Pushing sales toward small businesses, local schools and churches. So far so good but I just started getting serious with it recently.

I was thinking about going with the signs, bumper stickers etc... We did the textile thing awhile back using iron on's we did OK,  but the cost of inventory can be a tad scary, if you pick the wrong design. 

I like high profit margins.  :rolleyes:

I would definatly have to get another place to work - right now work out of the house and if I take any more room I would be moving to new location with my equipment

I don't know if I'd screen from home without a dedicated space. You will get ink in places you never imagined and having to pack up equipment between jobs would get old fast.

• Like 1

I don't know if I'd screen from home without a dedicated space. You will get ink in places you never imagined and having to pack up equipment between jobs would get old fast.

Are you using emulsion or vinyl for your images ?

I use emulsion and vinyl, just depends on the size of the job and complexity. Vinyl for shorter runs with basic designs and emulsion for long runs or complex designs.

I use emulsion and vinyl, just depends on the size of the job and complexity. Vinyl for shorter runs with basic designs and emulsion for long runs or complex designs.

How may items do you average from a vinyl / screen image ?

20-30 is no problem. My biggest issue with vinyl is it doesn't like to sit, once it has ink on it you need to do the job and not let it sit for days. The vinyl will lift over time.

i have a work horse 6 color 4 station with a flash dryer and a 15ft lawson conveyor dryer and homemade exposure unit there is good money in screen printing i do screen and vinyl

• Like 2