jet1012

Need help with a sock :)

I am looking to see if anyone is able to help me vectorize this sock? I tried to find a simple design. Thanks so much for any help!! :)

post-40343-0-78123800-1385351902_thumb.p

I have downloaded it, but when I open in Signblazer there is nothing there, any suggestions? In the files before I import it is a black box.

This looks like it might have been a good/easy one to explain how to do it rather than just do it.  ;)

• Like 2

This looks like it might have been a good/easy one to explain how to do it rather than just do it.  ;)

Very true, X-man.... waiting to see what the OP has to say about it.

As some folks aren't interested in learning how, just getting it done.

I didn't wanna spend my time typing for nothing cause you & I know how easy it really is to

vector that image. Way easier than typing out instructions.

I have inkscape as someone before has walked me through that and I have also used youtube to learn how to do that. Some I can get done on Inkscape and some I can't it is hit or miss on that. I would love to learn how to do this!! I started doing the vinyl 7 years ago and never did custom work up till recently, I mostly just did for making crafts and selling them. My business is growing so much with special orders with that I would love to learn how to do this. I had orginally not done this one inkscape because I have a graphic designer who also works for me and he did this sock and we have had issues in getting into a file I could use, so I thought it would be best if I could find someone on here to help me. Otherwiser, usually my designer does all my vector images I send, just this one was an issue. Thank you all so very much for your help. If anyone has any info (other than typing it all) where I could best find more info to help me with these designs that would be wonderful! :)

Did you try and vector the image you provided?

What cutting software are you using?

Where exactly were you having problems?

I am using Signblazer, and the vectoring part is where I always get confused. I just know to pull a black and white clipart image and try doing it in Inkscape. I am going to try to do one right now. Basically, when I try Inkscape it is always hit or miss, sometimes I get them and some I don't.

Bsure and select the image first.... you'll see the arrow box around the object.

In this case, with the sock,  Path>Trace Bitmap

"Brightness Cutoff" and "Edge Detection" are list... The first is going to yeild a vector

like stickyickyvinyl posted. The second radio button will yeild what I posted.

The cut file will be like the line drawing you posted.

After clicking 'OK' You need to seperate the vector just created from the original Bitmap.

Just grab it, slide it to the side, look at the bottonm of the page and you have either selected the 'Image'

or the 'Path'... Delete the Bitmap (Path) and save the new vector in a fomat that your SignBlazer reads.

(I don't use SB so I'm not fimiliar.... eps, I guess?)