Sign in to follow this  
demj1308

SC vs Laser point 2 cutter

Looking to purchase a cutter for making stickers and also in the future cutting out heat press transfers, so I was thinking something that offers the contour cutting would be a good idea. Was looking at the laser point 2, but then I noticed that the sc also features the contour cutting and is $140 less with the stand. What is the advantage of the laser point 2 over the sc and is it worth the extra $140 ?

Thanks

- the sc carries the note on the description "USCutter however does not support the use of the laser registration and it is not covered in the warranty. Comes with a 1 year warranty."    both the sc and laserpoint would be manual contour which means you will set each point manually to tell the software where the corners are or the calculations - it isn't an auto contour mark registration like the high end machines.   a search on here will show that some even contour with a mh.   

LPII.

It comes with an optional media catch basket for a few more bucks, and that alone could be the deciding factor between one of the two units, SC or LPII.

I have a LP2 and it was well worth the cost and I do have the catch basket. It's great to not have to worry about where the vinyl is gonna end up while doing long cuts.

I have the SC been using it about 6 months now and am pretty happy, its dialed in right now and cutting great.  I havent used anything else so take it for what its worth.

I would definitly buy again.