taunie

Which sign cutting software is the best to use with MH721?

Hello.  I have recently purchased the US Cutter MH721 and it came with Signcut program.  It is a good program, but I was wondering if there where any better programs out there that would run with this cutter.  Thank you.

My main progam is flexisign and taters favorite is winpcpro.You can get basic versions of either at a reasonable cost.

I see people posting day after day with this problem and that problem...and to be honest I have never had any problems cutting. Not ever. I use Flexi,and I wouldn't know how to change the 'offset' if I had to. I've never had problems with cutting in any way. Occasionally I have to adjust the blade a bit to account for thicker or thinner vinyl.

I've tried trial versions of Signcut,SignGo,WinPc...and one cut was all it took to convince me that Flexi(at least with my plotter....not a US cutter brand,btw) is the best out there. I've only got the starter version and need to use Inkscape for some things (again,never a problem..Inkscape works everey time for me).

One thing I have noticed with Inkscape,and this applies to the expensive corel programs too,is that an image vectorizes best if you convert it to black and white first.

You can get Flexi Starter on ebay for $99 and well worth the money to me.

Just my 2p worth.

Hi,

my question is, what are you lacking?

There is thousands of SignCut-X2 users and I have rarely heard that they have been lacking any features that has to do with cutting ability.

But it is not rare that people do not now about all the features that SignCut-X2 offers.

In reality I think you will get a hard job to find a lacking ability that you really need.

But where else do you find so easy to use weeding lines or that powerfull tiling or more intuitive color separation, or a software that is able to seamlessly divide long cut outs into small distance cuts, seamlessly, or a program with better ability to control your plotter.

Tell me what you are lacking and I wiil tell you where it is!  Because when it comes to support for efficient and reliable cut out, support for mounting and support for material saving, you will probably find a better choice in SignCut-X2 than anywhere else.

Do not cheat yourself just because we offer it at such a low price!

Another advice is to read through the tutorial that can be downloaded from your web-account. Do that to learn more about SignCut-X2 and why not the features I mentioned here above. This is features that users of most other sign cutting software have no experience from at all because they do not have them.

When we decided to not make a layout tool we asked ourself. What can be done to make the whole manufacturing process more efficient? We found the following answers:

1.  The cut out can be managed in a much more reliable way by the step by step method.

2.  The plottes can become easier to use and more powerful by tight customization of the software.

3.  We also found that weeding can be speeded up with the help of a bunch of advanced weeding lines, some that are fully automatic.

4.  We found that the support for mounting can be done much more efficient by registration marks with several unique abilities.

5.  We found that re-cut of objects that is peeled off buy a mistake can be cut out quick and with a minimum of vinyl use.

6.  We found that a lot of material can be saved with a varity of methods, such as deactivating of tiles and rotation to the angle for minimum consumption or by automatic stacking of tiles or by built in interactive calculatior and so on.

7.  We found that multi color signs could be manufactured in a much easier way.

8.  We found that it was possible to provide a method that allows save weeding of 4 mm:s high text (about 0,2 inch).

In short, yuo can find more meaningful and thinked through well implemented inventions for the vinyl sign cutting industry in SignCut-X2 than in any other software for this purpose.

FlexiSign = All in one Design and cut program

WinPCSign = All in one Design and Cut program

SignCut = Just a cut program

InkScape = Just a design program

Corel = Just a design program, (however plugins are avaliable)

Illustator = design program

There's also signgo - aries graphics wizard -sign tools (works with corel only I think) cibercut and I don't know how many others.They all have different options.The higher priced pro versions are usually a complete package.It's a tough decision because you want to get the most you can for the money you have to pay.Just take a little time and do some research.A few of the programs offer demo versions you can try.Some are full demo with nothing blocked and then other have the save and print disabled.And with a demo,if it's not what you're looking for,then you aren't out any money.

Just curious tho... Does anyone know why I need an active internet connection just to use signcut?

You do not need to activate any Internet connection in order to use SignCut-X2.

We offer 3 differnet alternatives. It is just the subscription that takes an Intenet connection.

What happens is that SignCut-X2 is asking for if there is any subscription time remaining about once a seek, which use to take about 1 second.

If there is a problem with that connection that is what X2 stands during at lest 1 week in some cases up to 2 weeks before it is switched to the test-mode.

To get it up agin, just put the Internet cable in, launch SignCut-X2 and you can un-pluck the Internet wire once again if you want.

It is the same principals as for most virus softwares and many others.

As a consequnce of the methods we use, we are able to give away all upgrades during the whole subscription periods. There is no extra costs at all for this, which makes subscriptions very cost efficient for the end user.

For instance it can pay the Internet-wire.

Thank you all for your great advice.  I am going to do research on all of them and see which one works best for me.  As for your question wg_kjell, I think that SignCut is a great program, and I will still continue to use it.  The only problem that I have with it is that a customer has a certain font style in mind for his graphics and he did not like any of the styles that SignCut had.  So it is not so much a problemed software program as it is a problemed customer.  :D  Again, thank  you all for your help.

Thank you Taunie for letting us know!

Regarding the font's we do not provide any fonts at all. That text feature should be able to show all Truetype fonts that are installed on your computer. You may have Adobe Type1 fonts as well but those will not be presented there.