Sign in to follow this  
TT57

jerseys

was asked to price jersey's for a city league. what does the typical name and # cost on a jersey please ? Also, with the sizes varying, are the names varied in size on the back of the shirt. That would take a lot of time separating them out. He said it could entail approx. 500 shirts. whew!!  And, I am guessing that the font would be collegiate?  thanks for your input.

We try to keep them all the same size for consistency. Do you have a source for the jerseys yet? I used these to fill a small order a couple months ago they were good to deal with and they sell blanks or fully finished. I never looked into jerseys before that so if they look overpriced to someone please share other sources. As far as price goes I'm still feeling my way around on these so I can't help much.

There are so many options for jerseys, you're going to want to research a few wholesalers. If you don't already have an account it may take some time to get set up. SanMar is good, I also buy from Statononline. Both of these require a state resellers licence. JiffyShirts is a decent place to look for basic T-Shirt options but you can beat their price if you are buying in bulk. I'm out in the west so I don't know what wholesale suppliers are in your area. For the numbers most leagues have some sizing guidelines, you will want to check to see what size they require because it uses a lot more vinyl for 6" and 8" numbers than 3" and 4". Most of the locals around here are good with 4" front and 6" back but I have seen a few that required 8" back. College or Jersey or Susperstar are some good M54 fonts that most of the regulars use, there are a few others that work too. Most regulations require the numbers to be a consistent thickness, sometimes of a set thickness and the M54 fonts typically meet that requirement. 

• Like 1

I do not have a source for jerseys yet. The man that asked about pricing is subbing it to me so I think he may get the jerseys because I figure he already has an acct. I just didn't know what to price it at. Any thoughts on that? Thanks Jay and Wild, I needed to know all that info. Jay, you forgot to add your source. hehehehhehe I re-read 3 times to see if I was missing something.

I didn't do a ton of homework on them but they're in Georgia and from the couple dealings I had with them they were straight up to deal with.

• Like 1

For names and numbers I use a few different places or run them myself.  Do you have the space and manpower to do 500 of them?  If not I may be able to help you as I am setup for that volume

rdrgrafix2, will remember your offer. I can recruit manpower probably as I just play from my home. A lot to take on I know but if given enough time, maybe possible. Space, no problem. Do you have a suggestion on pricing. I would price for just names and #'s I believe.

I was quoted $180.00 for 19 8" numbers.

Screen print or heat transfer?

$180. wow. sounds high to me but yet, I haven't done any like this either. !!! Am I wrong, is that high?

Seems steep to me if htv and just cut. if installed or screenprint I'd have to redo the math and check.

If you are doing 6" numbers you will use about 40" of vinyl for a 17 number run. Call it 48" and at rough current siser prices that would be about $11-12 for the vinyl its self. Cut and weed is easy on those but I'd still add maybe another $12 for that and then you will have to figure out how big the names would be and rough guess the vinyl consumption and time spent. Then there is the press time. By the time you pre heat and get the jersey straight and press two sides you better figure on 5 minutes a jersey which might be light. I don't know your rates but I would probably be in the $6-$7 per shirt range for two sided if they are supplying the garment but I sometimes work too cheap.