Sign in to follow this  
DNA_Vinyl

Im not sure where to start with pricing...

I tried going $.25 a square inch. Well...The first piece I had was 14" by 120"...that's over $400!

So how do you do it?

I'm VERY new at this. Thanks.

Ohh that's not too bad. I did that job for $80. I just winged it. Mmm....I think I'll go with that L+W/2...Thank you...

Now what about labor? I guess that depends on the complexity of the weeding right?

I've been using Scott's method for years and so far so good. Only problem is when a job is 6" square and the dart hits bullseye. Around here bullseye is $100.

• Like 3

That method sounds good. But would you bump it up if you sold online? To get your fee money back.

online is usually less  - you are competing with the other 500,000 people that have bought inexpensive cutters in the last 5 years . . .  .

• Like 3

online is usually less  - you are competing with the other 500,000 people that have bought inexpensive cutters in the last 5 years . . .  .

Dont forget China

Its not ebay, its the company in china selling the vinyl art at lower then the cost of material, let alone shipping

• Like 1

It's not ebay or China, it's the US customers who just don't understand you get what you pay for. Educated customers = fewer sales for them. In my own minuscule way I tell everyone who mentions that crap that I'd rather see you buy from my local competition than waste your money on garbage because that's where it'll end up. In the garbage.

• Like 1

If i sell on ebay I will make sure to point out that the china stuff is cheap and wont last long. Plus shipping takes 3 weeks.

• Like 1

I have ordered many eBay items from China, including cellphones, cables, flashlights, radios, cameras, Roland-compatible cutter blades, and printed banners.

Not once have I been disappointed with the quality of merchandise from Hong Kong.

In some cases (with small-packet items) the shipping arrived FAST (3-4 days)

The few times I've ordered banners, they were of typical quality that I would obtain locally. Also, they didn't take weeks to get here. In the five or six orders I placed, I've obtained the finished products in 6-9 days.

Your mileage may vary.

I don't necessarily disagree with Slice about quality but I prefer to keep Americans employed when the cost difference isn't overly prohibitive. As far as the ebay vinyl goes I have heard a couple horror stories about it but since I haven't tried it myself I guess I'll never know first hand.

• Like 1

If i sell on ebay I will make sure to point out that the china stuff is cheap and wont last long. Plus shipping takes 3 weeks.

how do you know it worn't last long - now personally I wouldn't buy it but to make a satement I usually have first hand knowlege - otherwise you just sound like another used car salesman.

• Like 2

Ive had some bad luck with china stuff like cell phone holders for you car. It broke within days.

Ive had a gun holder break while wearing and my gun hit the floor. That was scary.

Imo when trying to compete you may need to point out the flaws with others. Big companies do it all the time.

I have had 2 different people in the past month come in and tell that something they bought on ebay wouldn't stay on long enough to walk out of the room but none mentioned China directly and I have no way of being certain it wasn't installer error. Best thing I can say is when I look on the big auction I personally look for items in usa only so at least some of the money stay in this country.