bigshep

Multi cutting

Hi. Just got my new cutter the other day and first few cuts went just fine then started recutting same cuts several times. Tried resetting both the cutter and computer with same results. If I stop it after it has done its first cut the sticker turns out good but if I let it finish then letters are all off. Do I need a faster computer? Do I have some settings off? Thanks.

first things first is we need more information.

cutter,computer, OS, cutting software, design software all that really helps us to figure out the problem

also when you mean its cutting twice do you mean like it cuts the outline and then goes back and cuts the outline again?

if so then you have extra nodes on the image and if you were to separate all the layers i would bet theres multiple layers on top of each other.

Or, the software has been set to cut multiple passes...

Sorry. I have a MH 871 cutter, sure cuts a lot 3, Windows 7 on a DELL. It was a  image that I got online.  I traced the image and cut it. Maybe it was something with that?

Make sure if it has a multi cut option it is turned off in scal3

have you tried going into the "cut by color" tab once you send to the cutter and seeing if there are any white layers? Often you will have objects that you don't realize are there that are white or transparent and you can de-select them in that portion of the menu before you cut. 

yeah make sure multi cut is turned off but i almost guarantee that theres hidden layers that its cutting that you don't want.

as for that cut by color tab i have never seen that and ive been using SCAL for quite awhile.

i dont think scal 3 has the feature. i have SCAL 3 and i looked after reading this and couldnt find it anywhere, it also doesnt have the easy weed feature ether which kind of stinks at times.