SeeJaysPlace

Store Front

When a place stays empty that long there is usually a reason. And it didn't come overnight for me either, I've had my business license for 7 years now about 5 of which have been vinyl related.

Its in a good spot...same road as the library and 2 different salons, a bank, and across from the police station/courthouse, as well as further down is the hospital, lots of traffic, but the problem is the building and the apartments above it.

The building isnt in the best shape, its an old town broadway, alot of the buildings are in bad shape.

Right on mainstreet next to Pizza Ranch and the Chinese food place there is a space for lease...but its in horrible shape and the city condemend it but somehow the owner sweet talked his way into them letting him try to rent it out

I'm in a town with less than 1,000 residents and if not for the fact that my customers are willing to travel to me I'd of been out of business a long time ago. When a building sits empty that long it's because no one else wanted to be there. I can say this because the store I'm in was empty for 3 years that I know of before I rented it. Not enough traffic to keep a store operational.

Yep...but a better spot on mainstreet with 10x more traffic also cost alot more..

The place for rent on mainstreet is $750 a month and its half the size of the place one block down fr $350.

Market drive price. I may be losing the only anchor store on my block next spring and if I do I will probably be going into the city and paying the high rent. Just a fact of life there is 1 rule to business and real estate. Location location location.

• Like 1

Its in a good spot...same road as the library and 2 different salons, a bank, and across from the police station/courthouse, as well as further down is the hospital, lots of traffic, but the problem is the building and the apartments above it. The building isnt in the best shape, its an old town broadway, alot of the buildings are in bad shape. Right on mainstreet next to Pizza Ranch and the Chinese food place there is a space for lease...but its in horrible shape and the city condemend it but somehow the owner sweet talked his way into them letting him try to rent it out

Dude, You just described me town exactly.  LOL

Lol.

Whats really sad...its a small town...not many new businesses pop up, and when they do everybody knows about it....but still new businesses dont seem to last longer than 2 yrs in town.

There have been many hair salons and clothing stores pop up and then close..

Seems like only the restuaraunts and Plumbing/Heating businesses do well...hell theres like 5 different plumbing/heating businesses!!