KYSIGN

Do you need to apply mask immediately?

Can I cut a decal in Oracal 651 or 631 and wait a few days or weeks before applying application tape? Any downside to waiting? Thank you.

All decals in my store are hung on pegboard without app tape. We tape when they sell and the reason is we found that app tape and long term exposure to sunlight don't mix. Had to throw out several decals because the tape was welded to them.

• Like 1

I'm lazy sometimes I send a file to the cutter when I close Friday and weed Monday but if it's detailed it bites me in the butt every time.

I'm lazy sometimes I send a file to the cutter when I close Friday and weed Monday but if it's detailed it bites me in the butt every time.

If it's warm in your workspace, the adhesive will 'self heal' and it can be a real pain after it sits for a day or two.

Doesn't normally cause me grief on banner size stuff but small letters and detail get me every time. You'd think I'd know better by now  but it happens more often that I'd care to remember.

Doesn't normally cause me grief on banner size stuff but small letters and detail get me every time. You'd think I'd know better by now  but it happens more often that I'd care to remember.

Every time I do a banner or large sign and I can weed the whole thing in <60 seconds I keep asking myself "Self, why do you keep making small decals when the big stuff is so much easier and faster?"  and then I say "Dude, you're talking to yourself again"... and then I say "No, I'm not"...

• Like 4

I find some things are easier to weed after sitting a day or 2 when time permits. Seems to separate some at the cut lines and with finer stuff it makes it easier for me. Sitting cut or sitting uncut on a roll, I dont see any difference in performance of the vinyl. Its still on the backing paper so doesnt effect it IMO.

I think the issues with weeding has more to do with heat and humidity in the shop than anything else. Some times it's fine and sometimes I want to hit myself for waiting.