Sign in to follow this  
bikemike

HALLOWEEN

Ok, so one of the parks up here have a halloween weekend before the shut down for the season.

The inlaws have decided it will be an ailien theme.

So far I got this for the jeep.

Any ideas?

BTW, anyone know if 631 will stick to a jeep and will it come off easy?

post-19693-0-05793200-1381013497_thumb.j

That symbol has nothing to do with aliens.

Here's my take on it ---

The passenger door window (take off 'We are not alone') should have this alien face.  (generic graphic)

2ef6a7edd3f6478ca70efd57732a36f8-800.png

Put ALIEN RETRIEVAL DIVISION onto the rear door (where the biohazard thing is now)

Now, take the two phrases "We are not alone" and "I want to believe" and combine them onto the rear window (do a reverse with I want to believe, to set it apart)

Finally, the remaining panel over the rear wheel can have a flying saucer.

ufo.gif

I agree with the bio hazard part, but they plan to have a cut up ailen on a table "alien autopsy" style. So I thought it may fit.

I got an ailen face close to that on my old trailer but under it is "TELL YOUR KIDS TO STOP STARING" < SPELLING?

Good ideas though, have to look at that.

Also, mix up some other fonts into this.

Helvetica is fine for the FBI X-FILES and UNIT 51, but try adding a bit of "font fun" with the other texts.

post-21408-0-08073200-1381015577_thumb.j

That would be fun to weed, never mind taking it of the next day.

She already told me there is now way she is going to drive the jeep home looking like that.

I see no problem as long as I remember to take the light bar off the roof.

"That would be fun to weed, never mind taking it off the next day."

Buy one of these --

$(KGrHqV,!g0E3uUIs1jVBODiwQnpeg~~_35.JPG

"That would be fun to weed, never mind taking it off the next day."

Buy one of these --

$(KGrHqV,!g0E3uUIs1jVBODiwQnpeg~~_35.JPG

I hope that is plastic if you are going to use it on the paint.

I have one of them. Bit bigger, but got one.

However, with the sunday morning overhang, I could hurt myself.

Then we are back to she has to drive it home. (I still like that idea)

That scraper has no business near car paint (at least without a plastics razor blade)

I hope that (scraper) is plastic if you are going to use it on the paint.

The sketchy lettering would be on the rear quarter-window, based on my earlier suggestion -- ((((( Now, take the two phrases "We are not alone" and "I want to believe" and combine them onto the rear side window (do a reverse with I want to believe, to set it apart ))))

• Like 1

Love my "lil-chiper" for the painted stuff.

Love the blade for glass.

• Like 1

Today was our local Oktoberfest parade and I got to be the lucky one to tow the Zombie Fest float around town (hey, someone has to haul a trailer full of varsity cheerleaders, it might as well be me, right?) and so I decorated my vehicle appropriately.

I put this on both sides of the bed in white reflective using a font called Bedbug...

post-24492-0-54025200-1381016440_thumb.j

And this design on both doors.  To make it more difficult for myself, the entire 13.5" x 20.5" design was cut from rolls of white reflective only 3.5" wide (why, because I'm a cheapskate, that's why!).  I then ran a piece of white paper through my plotter with a Sharpie installed and drew out the full design on paper to use as a template for laying out the strips, then tape the snot out of it and voila.  It's not as level as it should have been, but I ran out of time and got in a big hurry.

post-24492-0-87839200-1381016459_thumb.j

I heard a lot of people in the crowd reading aloud the "Zombie Disposal" text as I drove around, and several people have been posting pictures of it on Facebook, so it obviously got attention.  As we were lining up before the parade, a man approached my truck and asked where I got the decal, because he wants something similar for a "Large green '77 Chevy truck" he owns, so I gave him my card and will hopefully hear from him soon.

I made two similar 96" x 24" banners to put on the float itself, but didn't take a picture, so this the proof image I presented to the committee.  One of the two banners went to the local shopping mall that is letting us use an empty store as an advertising spot and the other one I'll take to Skate Fest on Tuesday (had to be rescheduled because of rain) and then to Pizza Ranch for Tip Night on Wednesday, so I'm getting my money's worth out of them... I had planned to donate cash to the fest as a sponsor, but I think I'm going to donate the cost of the banners and the 150 (so far!) t-shirt transfers I've printed, cut and heat pressed, rather than ask them to pay me back.

post-24492-0-80671200-1381016954_thumb.j

• Like 1

I have got to visit your town.

Ok, it's on the bucket list.

Sorry, that is ""lil chizler"

Made in USA!!!!!!

patent pending. :'(

Are there really Zombies in Ottumwa?

Remind me NOT to go visit.

OK<

These two sentences don't work together --

"I made two similar 96" x 24" banners to put on the float itself, but didn't take a picture"

(hey, someone has to haul a trailer full of varsity cheerleaders, it might as well be me, right?) 

Whazzup with THAT???

Hey wait, no one has said if 631 will stick and them come off easy.

I can't be the first to try this. Or can I?:huh:??

Hey wait, no one has said if 631 will stick and them come off easy.

I can't be the first to try this. Or can I? :huh:??

I'm attempting to get OW Jones to post pix here of those varsity cheerleaders and you're worried about 631?

Well, it's YOUR thread, so I'll sit here patiently.

• Like 1

I would imagine it would be pretty easy but so is 651 when it hasn't been on forever, especially on glass.

Our "float" was a hay wagon (a type of trailer) with banners on either side, a set of Styrofoam headstones around the perimeter and Zombie Zone caution tape wrapped all around the perimeter.  On top of the wagon were several bales of hay and a local varsity cheerleading squad - in uniform - and full zombie makeup, along with several other volunteers, also in full zombie makeup.  Only two are visible in this pic, but we had 6 or 7 total, plus 3 cheerleaders from the local community college, but they wore tattered clothes instead of their uniforms.

Here's one of the pics I just found on Facebook - this was taken in the staging area before we got rolling.  We lined up in place about 8:45 and sat there until 10:00 when the parade started.  The young boy in the Michael Jackson outfit is a local boy with Down's Syndrome who loves zombies and Michael Jackson and had seen on Facebook that we were practicing the Thriller dance to be part of a world wide record setting event on the same day as Ottumwa Zombie Fest - it's called Thrill the World and people all over the world are going to all dance to Thriller at the same time (I do not know why).  His mom contacted the committee chairperson and asked if he could dance with us in the parade, and how could we say no?

The white bags are full of candy, stickers and other treats that are tossed to kids watching the parade. We're not allowed to throw anything from the float itself (because people can't throw worth a darn and then kids run into the street to pick up the candy) and so people walk along on either side to pass out the treats.   The float in front of us, for the D.A.R.E. Haunted House (also part of Zombie Fest) was tossing out Mardi-Gras beads and candy, and they had the sound system for playing Thriller - we'd stop every 2.5 - 3 blocks and everyone would jump off the hay wagon, line up between my truck and the float in front of us and dance Thriller for 60 seconds before scrambling back on to the wagon so we could get going again.

And yes, I know it's not a glamorous float, this is a small town parade and many of the "floats" (or "entries" as the newspaper calls them) consist of pick up trucks with hand lettered posterboard signs and people sitting on hay bales...

post-24492-0-57971500-1381018195_thumb.j

• Like 1

651 is NOT interior wall friendly. But I've pulled tons of 651 off of glass w/o problems. Just get under an edge and pull back. The more you can pull the less adhesive that is left behind. Scraping usually leaves a lot of adhesive to clean up.

OW it looks great and small towns are the fabric of this country.

Ahhhhhhhh, cheerleaders with zombie makeup, now THAT'S a huge disappointment.

Thanks anyway.

:-\

658319881_tp.jpg

651 is NOT interior wall friendly. But I've pulled tons of 651 off of glass w/o problems. Just get under an edge and pull back. The more you can pull the less adhesive that is left behind. Scraping usually leaves a lot of adhesive to clean up.

I use Oops! spray (it's a clear liquid in a squeeze-spray bottle) to remove adhesive residue from glass - spritz it on, let it sit for a few seconds and go after it with a Lil' Chiseler - and it turns to the consistency of snot and scrapes right off.   Goo Gone will do the same thing, but I would use the gel version so it doesn't run all over the paint - it shouldn't ruin it, but I'd still be careful!

I use Right Off and just got Orange Peel from uscutter to try out. I just prefer to get as much as I can with the vinyl.