Sign in to follow this  
postlife

FlexiStarter 8.1v1 - LaserPoint - PLEASE HELP!!

I bought this machine because it claims to work with flexi. I am now using version 8.1v1 (starter edition) and I am unable to find a profile that works. I have given SignBlazer about two weks to grow on me, but I just do not feel like learning that program. My only choice for plotter manufacturer is JiaChen. How do I select LaserPoint? I have the 24" model and really need to get this thing up and running quickly now.

-scott

The version of Flexi is the same one I have. It is tied to a specific plotter model and that is the only driver choice you can make. If there is a way around this,and you manage to find out,please let me know. You need to contact whoever you bought Flexi from and if they told you it would work with all cutters,demand your money back.

Guest Terry

Won't the Roland pnc 1000 driver work? thats what I use, but I have Refine cutter and Flexi 7.6

that's the point,Terry...you don't have a choice of drivers in setup. Just the one. There has got to be w work-around but I can't find it.

For the LaserPoint cutter with Flexi, you select Creation PCut as the manufacturer, and CT630 as the model.

The Flexi JiaChen edition ,which he has, is tied to a specific model of cutter. When he goes into setup,there are no driver choices other than the one.

I have that version of Flexi too. It came with my first cutter. It will ONLY work with the cutter it came with.

Imagine if the Signblazer that US Cutter sells with the refine only had ONE option in the drivers...the refine.

The Flexi JiaChen edition ,which he has, is tied to a specific model of cutter. When he goes into setup,there are no driver choices other than the one.

I have that version of Flexi too. It came with my first cutter. It will ONLY work with the cutter it came with.

Imagine if the Signblazer that US Cutter sells with the refine only had ONE option in the drivers...the refine.

Ahh yes, I have seen that happen with another customer. I even tried to copy and paste my Creation driver to the OUtPut Drivers folder of his Flexi, and it still would not come up as a selection. That version is tied down to JiaChen cutters only.

I talked to someone about this,and he said a good programmer could do it,but I am not a programmer.

I think they do this to get the cost of Flexi down to the dealers. Basically,it is worthless to anyone who doesn't have that particular cutter.

TO the original poster... I had been using Flexi for a long time when I got SignBlazer and I felt just like you do. BUT once I got USED to SB ( I had to force myself) and realized how much MORE it can do than the Flexi Starter Version (outline, distort,for example) I prefer SignBlazer now. Give it some more time ,it will grow on you.

OR follow the link that Ken posted and pay $119 for a fully working version of Flexi Stater with all the drivers. Those are your choices.

And THIS is why I use Flexi with one cutter, SB with another. I can't find the drivers for my other cutter in SB either..mainly because it's a branded cutter with no actual manufacturer's name on it.