Monkey

Font management

Well due to my seemly unhealthy obsession with collecting font files, I have about 1500 installed fonts starting to bog down my system when using text in programs. I did a search on here about font managers and found a few links and downloaded myself one.

My question is how do you all handle the need for a bunch of fonts? Do you also use a manager that lets you temp install fonts for jobs or just install them all and hope for the best like I have till now?

Im trying AMP Font Viewer after reading some posts on it from my searc

http://www.ampsoft.net/utilities/FontViewer.phph

You have corel right? It comes with bitstream font manager to temp install and preview as necessary.

Wish I had noticed that before. Got my Corel and saw the shiny thing and didnt notice anything else...darn ADD. Now to figure out standard fonts so I can uninstall the rest.

BTW its worse then first thought, upon it searching my computer for fonts, it found a bunch more I didnt even remember getting. Is there a support group for this, or is this it?

• Like 1

4470 with 744 installed. The ones I downloaded from SAI have been getting a fair amount of use lately.

And every time I use find my font  I have to download the one I need.

Yeah 1 think im not liking in bitstream is it wont let you Temp upload a font like amp will. Amp will upload it where you can use it in any program while its open then uninstalls it when you close it

I never really liked it but thought maybe it was just me. Guess not.

I am liking Nexus Font (free download) after a recent similar post.  You can type out your text and scroll through all your fonts, installed or not.  I have not used it a ton yet, but looks like you can install and uninstall from the software also.

Would really love to find something similar that allows you to view a style at a time, like plain, serif, script, etc.

Yeah I have Nexus as well. Have had it a long time. Its good for typing what you want and cycling through the different fonts easy but thats seems about it for me. So far amp is getting my vote out of all ive looked at.

I have Font Agent Pro but I use Illustrator which doesn't like you messing with the fonts so you have to re-start if you decide to add. Kind of a PIA so I have about 2K fonts loaded and the mac is still dealing with it fine. In the other programs you can just go to the font manager and deselect the ones you don't want to sift through. This is one of my few complaints about Illustrator that would be nice if they could figure out a good way to fix.

I don't know about you guys but I spend more time digging through the fonts trying to find the "Perfect" one than I do almost anything else. 

• Like 1

I don't know about you guys but I spend more time digging through the fonts trying to find the "Perfect" one than I do almost anything else. 

TOTALLY.  Need to get organized here.  Amp looks good too, will try downloading