Sign in to follow this  
jaybyrd

just a rant

That's the stuff and it worked great but trying to find the center of these shirts was a nightmare. As a side note I was short material for 2 shirts (apparently my calculator is broke because I'm sure I added all the numbers together :ph34r: ) so I did them with regular Easyweed and could not tell them apart. We'll see how those 2 hold up over time but I was too chicken to do the order with the wrong product which is why I had the right stuff sent overnight. Total profit for lettering 35 jerseys was $28 (80 cents each) but I guess that's better than loosing money and I told them I had to rush the material to get it in time but we took care of it so the kids woulds have their uniforms on time and I believe that sealed the contract for next year.

That's the stuff and it worked great but trying to find the center of these shirts was a nightmare. As a side note I was short material for 2 shirts (apparently my calculator is broke because I'm sure I added all the numbers together :ph34r: ) so I did them with regular Easyweed and could not tell them apart. We'll see how those 2 hold up over time but I was too chicken to do the order with the wrong product which is why I had the right stuff sent overnight. Total profit for lettering 35 jerseys was $28 (80 cents each) but I guess that's better than loosing money and I told them I had to rush the material to get it in time but we took care of it so the kids woulds have their uniforms on time and I believe that sealed the contract for next year.

According to your numbers, your charge was $6.50 per shirt to purchase and install front and back vinyl to their shirts ?   Just comparing.  Normally I wouldn't ask, but you threw your numbers out there.    

Yeah that was a part I didn't get into because I didn't take the order but I can tell ya there has been a lot of friction around the store since this job was taken. Even for a civic group I would normally be between $8.50 & $9.50. So I got slammed from every angle on this 1. If I hadn't had to overnight material at least I would of made about $3.80 per jersey, not ideal but way more than 80 cents.

If she had priced them for $8.00 I would of looked twice but not said anything. But this was just way to cheap even for me however I did play it up when they picked up their jerseys that we took a hit to help the kids on such short notice and that went over well with them.

Anyway, now you can order a Happy Meal at McDonald's with all those profits.

8133527575_0aac4be285_z.jpg

(Very cool Hamburglar costume)

As long as it's the hamburger meal, cheeseburger may be too much money this time around.