Sign in to follow this  
ddprinting

Just looking for some criticism on my new page

I work for a large boat dealership so that's how I got started with the vinyl.  I just started out doing boat registration numbers for all the new boats we sell but lately I have been trying to do different things.  The closest lake of any size is about 50 minutes away and we are one of the largest full service dealers in the Midwest, hard to believe for a lot of people since we aren't right on a lake. 

Looks good. Was gonna ask about the boats too but I just read your answer.

looks good so far. I have a facebook page as well but not sure if i want to put it out there for yall to see due to me being kinda new

Come on you can't tease like that, time to show us what ya got. Mine is just a revamped personal page but here it is facebook.com/jayplacesc

looks good so far. I have a facebook page as well but not sure if i want to put it out there for yall to see due to me being kinda new

I'm pretty new to all this too but you have to start somewhere.  I finally just got some time to get a page together cuz I broke my ankle and took last week off of my day job.   Jay your page looks good.

I'm still not sure if I like this whole face book thing yet. I'm still trying to get use to it.

I'm still not sure if I like this whole face book thing yet. I'm still trying to get use to it.

I am neither "social" or tech friendly but the best advice is to jump straight in because if you don't you'll be left behind. I have started getting messages through facebook for orders so for me it is paying off. If you use it to promote your business it is another maketing tool like a website or a newspaper ad.

• Like 1

Looks like you have some good lettering skills. Did you do the graphics on the grey / red boat? That looks good too. I hate that I don't have more pictures of my work for people to see, keep on trucking to build your portfolio. 

Okay Jay here it is.. facebook.com/jokerswilddecals. I dont have alot up yet. Your page looks good with all that fine work you have done. Still trying to establish myself.Let me know what you think

Looks like you've been busy. Looks good and only thing I'd suggest is when mentioning shipping just roll it into the price and offer "free shipping" I need to start thinking about a website again, maybe this time I can devote the time to it that is required.

• Like 1

Ted I did make the decals for that boat. The old decals on it were something kinda similar but had some printed shading on them. I switched a few small things on the new ones but am pretty happy the way they turned out especially since it was one of the bigger things I have done like that so far. The only thing that bugs me about it is I don't feel like all of them are lined up exactly where they should be but maybe I have just stared at them too long and am obsessing about it. Unfortunately I didn't install them, the body shop guy at the dealership did so I didn't have any control over the alignment. Up until now I have done mostly lettering so I don't have many pictures of other work yet but I'm trying to get a portfolio built up. Joker your stuff is looking good too!

Also on the decals for that boat I used oracal 651, what would your choice of vinyl been? From my experience around boats the decals get scraped up rather fast and replaced anyway so I didn't think 951 was necessary but I guess I will see how they hold up and go from there. All the boat names and registration numbers I make from 651 and have now issues yet.

I have switched to a premium vinyl for most of my work. I havn't had any bad experiences but have heard to many warnings from people with more experience then me. Shrinkage, cracking, and so on. I bought a roll of 751 but imediately after found a local supplier that sells 3M for the same price so now I'm a 3M premium cast vinyl guy.

Okay Jay here it is.. facebook.com/jokerswilddecals. I dont have alot up yet. Your page looks good with all that fine work you have done. Still trying to establish myself.Let me know what you think

You found a page of mine that I thought had been closed out earlier. Lot of good stuff but I decided to run a regular type page instead of a business setup after suggestion from several customers. The link is http://www.facebook.com/jayplacesc