Sign in to follow this  
ladymare

awful cuts Laserpoint I and SCALP

So I've had nothing but flawless cuts the last 3 to 4 months. Everything was running smoothly. I wasn't paying attention, ran out of sharp blades and in a pinch ran to Michaels and grabbed a cricut 60degree blade (have been using 60 degree this whole time no issues). Now The dang thing is making horrible cuts. I found a sharp roland 45 degree blade and tried it out and the same thing. Now I'm sitting here doing test cuts of 1" circles and squares messing with the offset and nothing seems to help. Any suggestions?

Make sure the carriage  (head that rides from side to side) is locked in the track securely and also check carefully for cracks in the head that will allow for unwanted movement. This is a fairly common problem with these cutters so it is always a good spot to check these issues first.

Good call. Checked it out and everything seems to be secure. I'm just totally stumped. I tried rebooting the machine and the program, no luck there either. 

hmm, went back to the dull blade and increased my pressure to compensate for the lack of it being dull... Working about 90%. I can deal with that until my new roland blades arrive. So cricut is NOT compatible with my machine.  :-\